HARRISBURG, Pa., June 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Pennsylvania Office of Health Care Reform today announced appointments to a new external advisory group that will help implement many of the key elements of the federal health care reform act.
The federal health care reform act relies on states to implement important components such as the high risk pool and the insurance exchange. To ensure that the expertise of key stakeholders is an integral part of the reform process, Governor Edward G. Rendell created the Commonwealth Health Care Reform Implementation Advisory Committee by executive order on May 19.
The committee consists of insurance industry executives, hospital representatives, medical professionals, large and small purchasers, unions, health and budget policy experts, and consumers.
The advisory committee will identify best practices in health care, and will review and provide feedback to the administration on its findings, recommendations and strategic plans. The appointment of the committee will help ensure the smoothest possible implementation between now and 2014, when health care reform goes into effect.
The advisory panel will hold its first meeting June 30 in Harrisburg. Each of the four legislative caucuses will select two members to serve on the committee.
Governor Rendell has invited the following individuals to serve on the advisory committee:
- Rosemarie Greco, Chair, Philadelphia
- John G. Lovelace, UPMC Health Plan, Pittsburgh
- Lori Rothschild, United Healthcare of PA, Philadelphia
- Jean Haynes, Geisinger Health System, Danville
- Kimberly Kockler, Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
- Paul Bacharach, The Uniontown Hospital, Uniontown
- Leslie Davis, Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, Pittsburgh
- Mark Stensager, Guthrie Healthsystem, Sayre
- Alan Hartl, Lenape Valley Foundation, Doylestown
- Donna Torrisi, The Family Practice and Counseling Network, Philadelphia
- Marilyn J. Heine, MD, Dresher
- Daniel Fischman, MD, Harrisburg
- Greg Antoun, ChipBLASTER , Meadville
- Wendell Young IV, Local 1776, Plymouth Meeting
- Gregory Paradiso, Gladfelter Paper, York
- Amy Plasha, Rodale, Inc., Emmaus
- Karen Feinstein, Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative, Pittsburgh
- Sharon Ward, Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center, Harrisburg
- Laval Miller Wilson, Pennsylvania Health Law Project, Philadelphia
- Yvette Long, Philadelphia Welfare Rights, Philadelphia
- John Tague, Governor's Council on Disabilities, Pittsburgh
- Eve Kimball, MD, All About Children Pediatric Partners, Inc., Reading
- Rep. Josh Shapiro, Montgomery Co.
- Rep. Tony DeLuca, Allegheny Co.
- Neal Bisno, SEIU Healthcare PA, Harrisburg
- Jeff Danilo, Healthcare Solutions, Doylestown
- Lynn Yeakel and Betty A. Cohen, Women's Health Institute for Women's Health and Leadership, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia
- Kelly Amos, consumer, Williamsport
Text of the Governor's executive order is available at www.oa.state.pa.us; click on directives.
Media contact: Andrew Akins, 717-265-7552
SOURCE Pennsylvania Governor's Office of Health Care Reform