CHICAGO, March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- From movie nights to weekend getaways – girl time isn't just a nice-to-have, it's an essential escape from work, errands, and whatever else life throws their way. According to 73 percent of women, girl time makes them feel happier and 65 percent report they feel less stressed, based on a recent survey commissioned by Palm Breeze.1
In fact, women without enough girl time would spend an average of 15 hours more each month with their girlfriends – the equivalent of three movie dates, four mani-pedi sessions and six coffee catch-ups. Served as the ideal accompaniment for girl time, Palm Breeze recognizes the significance of spending time with friends and has enlisted celebrity designer, TV host and author Whitney Port to bring awareness to the cause by encouraging women to spend more time together.
"Sixty-five percent of women consider their best friends to be their heroes and I couldn't agree more. Embracing girl time has led to a lot of my success and I'm confident it can do the same for many like-minded women," said Whitney Port, fellow girl time champion. "All summer long, Palm Breeze and I will be challenging women to get together more often with fun ideas for get-togethers, fashion and beauty tips, recipes and more."
To unlock exclusive perks, tips from Whitney Port, recipes, fashion & beauty trends and home-entertaining ideas, users can simply Shazam any can of Palm Breeze all summer long. One of the world's top ten apps, Palm Breeze has partnered with Shazam to offer exclusive content accessed through visual recognition technology. This unique content hub – which is being promoted through in-store, digital advertising and media campaigns and influencer engagement – provides women with the tips and tools they need to take back girl time.
A variety of girl time benefits were unveiled by the survey commissioned by Palm Breeze, which effect multiple aspects of a woman's life. Key findings include:
- Between the Sheets. Women who have enough girl time are more likely to be satisfied with their sex lives than those who don't. Furthermore, these women are happier in their relationships. (91% vs. 85%)
- Get a Hobby, Girl. From the latest mystery podcast to the most-talked-about fitness trend, 57 percent of women say they pick up new hobbies from spending time with their girlfriends, versus a significant other (45%), family (35%), or others in their life.
- Just a Phone Call (or Snapchat) Away. 9 in 10 women would drop everything for their girlfriends if they were in trouble.
- Highlights or Lowlights, Thread or Wax? Beauty regimens are the hottest topic among women who hang with their girlfriends often.
- Ladies First. 69 percent of women consider their girlfriends to be the most important people in their lives.
"I've always admired brands that understand the importance of sisterhood which is why I was excited to hear about Palm Breeze's initiative to take back girl time," said Port. "Girl time is the ideal retreat and Palm Breeze, which is tailor-made for women, serves as the perfect vehicle to bring women together to celebrate girl time and Vacay Every Day."
Palm Breeze is a remarkably light and refreshing sparkling flavored malt beverage (FMB) available in three tropical flavors – Ruby Red Grapefruit, Pineapple Mandarin Orange and a brand new offering, Strawberry Pineapple. Served as the newest product line from flavor leader Mike's Hard Lemonade Co., Palm Breeze is available in a 6-pack for a retail price of $6.99 and a 12-pack for $13.99 anywhere alcohol is sold. To find Palm Breeze nearby, visit www.drinkpalmbreeze.com.
Good things come to those who wait…Don't drink until you are 21.© ©2015 Palm Breeze Beverage Co., Chicago, IL. www.drinkpalmbreeze.com.
1 Survey conducted by Kelton Global, 2016
Jolyn Koehl, MSLGROUP
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/palm-breeze-tropical-spritz-partners-with-whitney-port-to-discuss-importance-of-girl-time-300243686.html
SOURCE Palm Breeze