BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, April 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pampa Energia S.A. (NYSE: PAM; Buenos Aires Stock Exchange: PAMP) ("Pampa" or the "Company"), announces that today it has closed the acquisition previously informed on January 31, 2011, pursuant to which Pampa had accepted an offer to acquire all of the shares issued by Enron Pipeline Company Argentina S.A. ("EPCA"), a company which owns 10% of the share capital of Compania de Inversiones de Energia S.A. ("CIESA"), which in turn owns 55.3% of the share capital of Transportadora de Gas del Sur S.A. ("TGS"), for a total agreed price of US$ 29,000,000.
As a consequence of said closing: (i) shares representing approximately 98% of EPCA's share capital were transferred to Pampa, and the remaining 2% stake was transferred to its subsidiary Pampa Participaciones S.A.; and (ii) Mr. Gustavo Mariani was designated as director and vice chairman of CIESA and TGS, and Mr. Marcos Marcelo Mindlin was designated as alternate director of CIESA and TGS.
For further information, contact:
Ricardo Torres - Chief Executive Officer
Mariano Batistella – Strategic Planning and Investor Relations
3302 Ortiz de Ocampo, Building #4
(C1425DSR) Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: 5411 4809 9500
SOURCE Pampa Energia S.A.