BUENOS AIRES, Argentina, March 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Pampa Energia S.A. (NYSE: PAM; Buenos Aires Stock Exchange: PAMP) (the "Company") announces that it will hold a General Ordinary Shareholders' Meeting on first and second call on April 14, 2011 at 10:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M., respectively, to be held at the "Puerta del Sol Este" and "Puerta del Sol Oeste" Rooms of Hotel Emperador, located at 420 Libertador Avenue, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires (which is not the Company's registered office), to consider the following agenda:
- Appointment of two shareholders to approve and sign the minutes of the Shareholders' meeting.
- Consideration of the Company's Annual Report, Financial Statements, including Balance sheets, Statement of income, Statement of changes in shareholders' Equity, Statement of cash flows, and Notes and Exhibits to the stand-alone financial statements, and the Consolidated financial statements of the Company and its controlled companies, including Consolidated balance sheet, Consolidated statement of income, Consolidated statement of cash flows, Notes and Exhibits to the Consolidated financial statements, all for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010, Management's Discussion and Analysis required by the regulations of the Argentine Securities Commission, Additional Information required by Section 68 of the Listing Regulations of the Buenos Aires Stock Exchange, Auditor's Report and Supervisory Committee's Report, all for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010. Ratification of the actions implemented by the Board in connection with the distribution of advance dividends pursuant to the terms of Section 224 of the Business Companies Law No. 19,550 as amended.
- Consideration of allocation of the results for the year.
- Consideration of Mr. Guillermo Stok's resignation to his position as alternate member of the Company's Supervisory Committee.
- Consideration of Board of Directors' and Supervisory Committee's performance.
- Consideration of fees payable to the Board and to the Supervisory Committee for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010 for AR$6,798,715 (total fees). According to the Argentine Securities Commission's norms, the result for this fiscal year is a computable loss.
- Consideration of fees payable to the Independent Auditor.
- Renewal of one third of the Board members. Appointment of alternate director.
- Appointment of Independent Auditor and Alternate Independent Auditor who shall render an opinion on the financial statements for the fiscal year started on January 1, 2011 and determination of fees payable to them.
- Consideration of allocation of a budgetary item for the operation of the Audit Committee.
- Grant of authorizations to carry out proceedings and filings necessary to obtain the relevant registrations.
NOTE 1: In order to attend the Meeting, Shareholders shall send the relevant certificates evidencing the balance of their book-entry accounts, issued to such effect by Caja de Valores S.A., to Ortiz de Ocampo 3302, Building #4, Ground Floor, Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, on business days from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm until and including April 8, 2011. Pursuant to the current regulation, when enrolling to participate at the Meeting, the Shareholders shall report the following data: first and last name or complete corporate name; type and number of identity document in the case of natural persons or registration data in the case of legal entities, indicating the Registry where they are registered with and its jurisdiction, domicile and type of domicile. The same information must be filed by any person who attends the Meeting as representative of the shareholder.
It is reminded to the Shareholders who are foreign companies that they are also required to file the documentation evidencing their enrolment as such in the relevant Public Registry of Commerce, under the terms of Section 123 of the Business Companies Law.
The Shareholders are hereby required to be present at least 15 minutes in advance of the time scheduled for holding the Meeting, in order to submit the proxies and sign the Attendance Book.
NOTE 2: Holders of the Company's ADSs as of the close of business on March 17, 2011, are eligible to vote on the items on the agenda by instructing The Bank of New York Mellon. The instructions and proxy card and materials will be distributed to eligible holders of the Company's ADSs in the customary manner for a proxy vote. To be valid, completed instructions must be received by The Bank of New York Mellon by April 11, 2011 at 5:00 PM, NY Time.
For further information, please contact:
Ricardo Torres - Chief Executive Officer
Mariano Batistella – Strategic Planning and Investor Relations
3302 Ortiz de Ocampo, Building #4
(C1425DSR) Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: 5411 4809 9500
SOURCE Pampa Energia S.A.