SECAUCUS, N.J., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic, a leader in the development of electronics products for consumer, business and industrial use, has launched an advertising campaign focused on its on-going commitment to environmental responsibility and to becoming a leader in environmental innovation.
The Connecting with the Earth ad campaign features print and television ads highlighting Panasonic's eco-initiatives to develop products that save, create, store, and manage energy as well as products that can be more easily and completely recycled. Panasonic's Green Plan 2018 initiative, announced October 6, is aimed at becoming the world's leading green electronics company and a global leader in next-generation energy and enviro-business solutions by 2018. The goal of the campaign is to deepen awareness of Panasonic's eco products and services among both consumers and business partners.
Beginning today, five different ads began appearing in the print and online editions of the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post as well as popular networking websites Linked In, Facebook and Panasonic's Twitter site. The five ads spotlight different Panasonic eco-innovations in green products for home and business, including:
- Panasonic's line of critically-acclaimed VIERA™ Full HD 3D TVs all feature an ENERGY STAR 4.0 rating – indicating market-leadership energy efficiency.
- Panasonic's work on the development of the world's most efficient solar energy panels, advanced whole-house fuel cells, super-efficient LED light bulbs that use 6.9 watts of energy and last up to 19 years, and next-generation battery cells to power electric vehicles.
- Panasonic's Toughbook® line of lap top computers – the world's most rugged and durable – are manufactured with the environment in mind; meeting or exceeding many of the world's strictest environmental standards. All Toughbook computers are manufactured in Clean Factories where at least 98% of generated waste is recycled. Toughbook computers are also ISO14001 and RoHS-compliant, ENERGY STAR-qualified, and rated either Gold or Silver on the EPEAT registry indicating the highest levels of environmental performance.
- Panasonic's High Definition Visual Communications system is creating opportunities for businesses to reduce their carbon footprint by conducting meetings in Full HD but over the Internet, thereby eliminating the need to travel to meetings.
- Panasonic's line of home ventilation fans offers a highly energy-efficient way to ventilate a home and also feature a green manufacturing process. Panasonic's ventilation fans were awarded the 2010 ENERGY STAR "Partner of the Year Award" as the entire Panasonic 2010 line of ventilation fans, including the popular WhisperGreen™ Series, now meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR guidelines.
In January a television ad campaign will follow the print and online segment with a series of TV spots on cable news networks including Bloomberg, CNN, CNBC, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, and the Weather Channel as well as DIRECTV programming.
"As a worldwide leader in consumer, business, and industrial electronics, Panasonic is committed to becoming the world's leading green innovation company," said Joseph Taylor, Chairman & CEO, Panasonic Corporation of North America. "Many companies talk about being green but Panasonic is focused on creating products that make the enjoyment of living more sustainable. Our Connecting with the Earth ads highlight the innovative products that Panasonic is bringing to market right now to help save energy and contribute to a more sustainable future. We want people to know that Panasonic isn't just paying lip service to sustainability, we're doing something about it."
Panasonic was recently recognized by the EPA as the winner of the 2009 TV Recycling Challenge for its efforts to develop a nationwide electronics recycling program and was also named to the 2010 Global 100 Index of Most Sustainable Companies. Panasonic was also included in the recent Dow Jones Sustainability Index and recently became the first electronics manufacturer to sponsor the State Electronics Challenge, a voluntary program that encourages state, regional, and local governments – including schools and other public entities – to purchase greener electronics.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Based in Secaucus, NJ, Panasonic Corporation of North America markets a broad line of digital and other electronics products for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) of Osaka, Japan, and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Information about Panasonic and its products is available at www.panasonic.com. Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. Information about Panasonic Eco Ideas initiatives is available at www.panasonic.com/environmental/ecoideas.asp. Additional company information for journalists is also available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.