NEWARK, N.J., April 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a leader in implementing advanced technology solutions serving sports, entertainment and retail industries, in partnership with the Atlanta Braves, showcased their latest innovations and technologies at the new stadium SunTrust Park and entertainment district The Battery Atlanta, at the Braves home opener Friday night against the San Diego Padres.
Panasonic designed and installed a fully-integrated network of audio-video solutions, including a massive centerfield videoboard display, scoreboards, ribbon fascia displays and a large contingent of digital signage throughout the ballpark and adjacent spaces. Adding to the overall sensory experience, Panasonic also supplied the fully-integrated sound system. Behind the scenes, Panasonic installed a scalable security management system and associated security camera equipment to ensure the park is safe for its 41,500 visitors per game.
In addition to outfitting SunTrust Park, Panasonic also solutioned and installed technologies throughout The Battery Atlanta, the adjacent entertainment district that provides fans an experience that extends well beyond the gates of the ballpark. Billed as the preeminent sports and entertainment venue in the country, the district delivers over 1.5 million square feet of retail, entertainment and office space—an epicenter of activity.
"Working with Panasonic has delivered us truly integrated technology solutions that deliver more than just a game to our fans," said Mike Plant, President, Development, Atlanta Braves. "We sought to partner with a company that not only had the technical expertise, but the experience in deploying connected solutions for both the ballpark and the entertainment district—offering visitors an experience that flows from one venue to the next, and works well together."
The multi-use development and community, located in the north Atlanta suburbs, offers a truly unique environment, with technologies intertwined throughout the 60-acre space. Panasonic worked alongside the Braves executive leadership team to enhance the visitors' sensory experience in this first of its kind destination.
"Certainly, our partnership with the Atlanta Braves offered us an opportunity to showcase how Panasonic can deliver products across a wide spectrum in the technology space, but more importantly, we were able to deliver integrated solutions for a large variety of applications, all working in concert with one another," said Don Szczepaniak, Executive Vice President, Sensory Solutions, Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company. "From the huge main videoboard showcase piece right down to the smallest individual monitor; including projectors, broadcast equipment, kiosks and security cameras installed throughout the stadium and the district, we have succeeded in delivering the Braves a truly integrated solution to make the experience both memorable and safe for visitors and fans."
Panasonic technologies installed through the Battery Atlanta and SunTrust Park include:
- Main Videoboard – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display –120.9ft wide x 64.3ft high
- Out-of-Town Scoreboard – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 90.1ft wide x 27.7ft high
- Ribbon Fascia Displays (1st & 3rd Base Fascia) – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 709.9ft wide x 3.78ft high
- Home Plate Ribbon Display – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 304.9ft wide x 2.52ft high
- Caption Boards (two) – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED displays –30.2ft wide x 3.78ft high
- Bullpen Displays (two) – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED displays – 80.0ft wide x 5.7ft high
- Entry Gate Displays (three) – 10mm pixel pitch SMD LED displays – 10.1ft wide x 1.9ft high
- Kids Zone Display – 10mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 30.2ft wide x 3.8ft high
- Tech Club Display – 10mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 55.4ft wide x 5.0ft high
- Rotating "A" Channel Letter Display – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 20ft wide x 27ft tall
- Logo Support Displays (two) – 16mm SMD LED display – 6.3ft wide x 15.12ft high and 5.04ft wide x 15.12ft high
- ChopHouse Fascia Display – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 90.71ft wide x 1.89ft high
- Coca-Cola® Fascia Display – 16mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 57.95ft wide x 3.78ft high
- Comcast® XFINITY Lounge Exterior Display – 6mm pixel pitch SMD LED display – 20.16ft wide x 8.19ft high
- Panasonic Pro Series Monitors (1,113)
- Panasonic Pro Series Projectors
- Panasonic Digital Signage Kiosks (13) – dual-sided with 55-inch displays
- Video Processing, Matrix and Soring Control Equipment for all displays
- Panasonic Security Cameras (444) and Control Equipment
- Panasonic Video Insights Security Headend Equipment and Software Solutions
- Panasonic Broadcast Cameras
- Panasonic Pro Media Sound and AV System
About Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company / Sensory Solutions
Panasonic Enterprise Solutions Company, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, designs, installs and services large-scale audio-visual technology solutions for the enterprise market. Panasonic Enterprise Solutions serves customers across a wide range of industries with customized applications using cutting-edge technologies, experience in managing large-scale, complex corporate projects and dedicated onsite support services. The Sensory Solutions team is a recognized industry leader in high-end digital display solutions that create unique fan experiences, installing and networking some of the largest high-definition LED video boards in the world at many famous sports and entertainment venues, including Golden 1 Center home of the Sacramento Kings, SunTrust Park home of the Atlanta Braves, The Star in Frisco home of the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters, Mercedes-Benz Superdome home of the New Orleans Saints, Lincoln Financial Field home of the Philadelphia Eagles, Florida State University, University of Wyoming, Bristol Motor Speedway and Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
About SunTrust Park
SunTrust Park will be the perfect marriage of classic ballpark feel, modern amenities and southern hospitality, creating a fan experience unlike any other. An intimate setting of 41,500 seats (20 percent smaller than Turner Field) will be designed to maximize sight-lines, making every seat feel like the "best in the house."
Visit homeofthebraves.com for more information.
About The Battery Atlanta
The new home of the Atlanta Braves will be the first of its kind – a destination that will simultaneously build and integrate a state-of-the-art Major League Baseball ballpark with a multi-use development and community.
Ready to welcome fans and visitors on Opening Day of 2017, the project, named The Battery Atlanta, will be the preeminent sports and entertainment venue in the country. The team behind The Battery stake claim to "redefine the traditional model of a 'live, work, play' development into a 'play, work, stay' destination," with SunTrust Park as its crown jewel. The entirety of the project showcases a lively shopping and entertainment district accessible year-round.
The Battery Atlanta will feature more than 400,000 square feet of retail and office space. It will be the new epicenter of activity – a sought after destination delivering an experience to shoppers, entertainment seekers and families across the Southeast.
Visit batteryatl.com for more information.
SOURCE Panasonic Corporation of North America