ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Feb. 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Since its inception, Paragon 28 has obsessed over every aspect of foot and ankle surgery. Committed to creating tailored solutions to improve surgical outcomes, Paragon 28 has launched innovative products and instrumentation that help to streamline procedures, allow surgeons flexibility in technique and approach and facilitate reproducible results benefiting both the surgeon and patient.
The Gorilla® Medial Column Plating System is the latest example of Paragon 28's commitment to excellence. The system offers surgeons 36 unique plating options to address varying patient anatomies and levels of deformity and includes plates of varying thickness (1.5 mm and 2.0 mm) to account for size and severity of condition. The plates are constructed from titanium (Ti6AI4V-ELI) for increased strength. All of the plates accept 2.7, 3.5, and 4.2 mm locking and non-locking polyaxial screws allowing the surgeon to target the highest quality bone around the fracture site. All plates accept both R3CON™ and TuffNeck™ screw technologies allowing surgeons flexibility to vary the stoutness of the construct to best meet the needs of the patient. Additionally, all holes have a built-in recess to reduce screw head prominence.
Additional Plate Features:
- Superior holes on the Arch and Proximal Arch plates are tabbed allowing the surgeon to bend the plate to better contour to the talus.
- Fixed axis screw trajectories are intended to capture the highest quality bone on either side of each fusion site without intersecting.
As is customary with all Paragon 28 systems, this system includes procedure specific instrumentation to facilitate dissection and accurate plate placement.
- Pin Distractor
- Allows for greater exposure to joint spaces to aid in removal of osteophytes and cartilage
- Compression-Distraction Device
- Attaches on either side of the plate or bone fusion site using two k-wires to create in-line compression or distraction
- Subchondral Drill
- For use in arthrodesis joint preparation, the instrument provides approximately 10 mm of controlled drilling of subchondral bone with a stop to help prevent deeper penetration
- Cartilage Removal Tool
- Provides "reverse cutting" functionality which is ideal for debridement of curved, small and/or difficult to access joints
Paragon 28 is grateful for the significant contribution Dr. Chris Coetzee, MD made in the design of plates included in this system.
SOURCE Paragon 28, Inc.