DALLAS, Oct. 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates today announced new research showing 11% of U.S. broadband households report plans to buy a smart speaker within the next 12 months. The international research firm will discuss the opportunity for voice integration and voice-enabled services within the smart home product ecosystem at the 13th-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT and the Smart Home on January 8 at CES® 2019 in Las Vegas. The Summit concludes with a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP. Registration is now open at CES.tech.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit features multiple sessions examining mass-market business strategies, partnership opportunities, the impact of voice on the user experience, and advances in AI and data analytics. CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Alarm.com, Asurion, F-Secure, Homematic IP, Inspire, Minim, mnubo, ROC-Connect, and Trusource Labs.
"The consumer market first encountered voice control through smartphone-based voice assistants, which consumers report as the preferred method of voice control for smart home devices. These experiences drive demand for new voice-based experiences," said Dina Abdelrazik, Research Analyst, Parks Associates. "For instance, voice control for security systems in particular promises to be a UX differentiator. The next most appealing products consumers reported appeal for voice control are the TV and interior lights. Use cases associated with these devices and voice provide convenience, simplicity, and ease of home control."
- Steve Dimmitt, VP, Sales and Marketing, Sears Home Services
- Rob Flippo, CEO, MobileHelp
- Geoff Gross, Founder & CEO, Medical Guardian
- Bernd Grohmann, EVP, eQ-3 AG
- Mike Harris, President, Ring Solutions, Ring, an Amazon Company
- Yuval Harry, Head, Partnerships, Hippo
- Jeremy Hitchcock, Founder & CEO, Minim
- Jay Holley, Head, Partnerships, Uber Health
- David Kaiserman, President, Lennar Ventures, Lennar
- Charlie Kindel, SVP, Products & Services, Control4
- Jennifer Mallett, CEO/President, Level Up Your Home
- Alton Martin, Co-Founder/Chief Evangelist, Trusource Labs
- Katie McMahon, VP and GM, SoundHound, Inc.
- Lainie Muller, Director, Wellness, Alarm.com
- Sujata Neidig, VP, Marketing, Thread Group; Senior MCU Marketing Manager, NXP
- Marcus Scheiber, CEO & Co-Founder, ROC-Connect
- Michele Turner, Sr. Director, Smart Home Ecosystem, Google
- David Wechsler, Senior Director, Channels and Partnerships, Comcast Xfinity
- Raoul Wijgergangs, VP and GM, Z-Wave, Silicon Labs
- Kellen Xu, Director, Global Business Development and Partnerships, SmartThings
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES will take place in Marcello 4405 on the 4th level of the Venetian Hotel. CONNECTIONS™ Summit is a one-day executive summit that focuses on the best business models and value propositions in the Internet of Things (IoT), the smart home, and connected and mobile CE and services. The event includes six executive sessions, two special presentations, and a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP, on January 8, the opening day of CES.
For information on Parks Associates research or events, visit www.parksassociates.com, or contact email@example.com, 972-490-1113. To schedule an interview or to request specific research data, please contact Julia Homier at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is an annual research and industry event hosted by international research firm Parks Associates at CES in Las Vegas. The executive event features one day of panel discussions on the smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), and connected entertainment, with trends and implications for connected consumers and opportunities for companies to build new revenues and innovative business models.
The 2019 CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place January 8 during CES, which runs January 8-11 in Las Vegas. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit. http//www.connectionssummit.com
SOURCE Parks Associates