DALLAS, Nov. 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates research finds 16% of U.S. broadband households that bought a smart thermostat in 2017 purchased this device through an HVAC dealer as part of a new HVAC system. 360 View: Smart Home Buyer Journey and User Experience notes consumers have multiple sales channels available as they look to acquire smart home products.
The international research firm will discuss the smart home buyer's journey and the opportunity for voice-enabled services at the 13th-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit: Consumer IoT and Smart Home on January 8 at CES® 2019 in Las Vegas. The Summit concludes with a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP. Registration is now open at CES.tech.
"Smart thermostats have been on the market long enough that 4% of buyers in 2017 were buying a second one," said Elizabeth Parks, SVP, Parks Associates. "Growing interest in and ease of self-installation are also helping to drive this and other smart home products—57% of smart thermostats were self-installed in 2017, compared to 43% in 2016. At CONNECTIONS™ Summit, we will explore strategies to expand add-on device sales and services that leverage standalone device adoption, as well as other business model innovations that will grow the smart home industry."
CONNECTIONS™ Summit features panels examining successful consumer-focused strategies that meet the challenges of today's IoT and smart home ecosystems. Leading analysts from host Parks Associates present consumer research and moderate expert discussions on key trends in user experiences, voice, insurance, privacy, and independent living.
- Jacob Atalla, VP, Sustainability Initiatives, KB Homes
- Steve Chazin, VP, Product Management, Alarm.com
- Rob Conant, CEO, Cirrent
- Steve Dimmitt, VP, Sales and Marketing, Sears Home Services
- Ed Doran, Co-Founder Cortana, Principle Program Management, AI & Research, Incubations, Microsoft
- Rob Flippo, CEO, MobileHelp
- Bernd Grohmann, EVP, eQ-3 AG
- Geoff Gross, Founder & CEO, Medical Guardian
- Mike Harris, President, Ring Solutions, Ring, an Amazon Company
- Yuval Harry, Head, Partnerships, Hippo
- Jeremy Hitchcock, Founder & CEO, Minim
- Jay Holley, Head, Partnerships, Uber Health
- David Kaiserman, President, Lennar Ventures, Lennar
- Charlie Kindel, SVP, Products & Services, Control4
- Jon-Michael Kowall, Assistant VP of Property Product Development & Innovation, USAA
- Jennifer Mallett, CEO/President, Level Up Your Home
- Patrick Maloney, CEO & Founder, Inspire
- Alton Martin, Co-Founder/Chief Evangelist, Trusource Labs
- Katie McMahon, VP and GM, SoundHound, Inc.
- Claire Miles, Managing Director, Centrica Hive
- Sujata Neidig, VP, Marketing, Thread Group; Senior MCU Marketing Manager, NXP
- Paul Palmer, Global Director, Business Development, Consumer Business, F-Secure
- Marcus Scheiber, CEO & Co-Founder, ROC-Connect
- Corey Sorice, VP GM Emerging Business, Chamberlain Group, Inc.
- Adam Thibault, GM of Dragon Smart Home and Voice to Text, Nuance Communications
- Linden Tibbets, CEO, IFTTT
- Michele Turner, Sr. Director, Smart Home Ecosystem, Google
- David Wechsler, Senior Director, Channels and Partnerships, Comcast Xfinity
- Raoul Wijgergangs, VP and GM, Z-Wave, Silicon Labs
- Kellen Xu, Director, Global Business Development and Partnerships, SmartThings
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES includes six executive sessions, two special presentations, and a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP, on January 8, the opening day of CES.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Alarm.com, Asurion, Cirrent, F-Secure, Hive Home, Homematic IP, Inspire, Minim, ROC-Connect, and Trusource Labs.
To request research or an interview, please contact Julia Homier at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES will take place in Marcello 4405 on the 4th level of the Venetian Hotel, January 8 during CES. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit. http//www.connectionssummit.com
SOURCE Parks Associates