DALLAS, Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates today announced connected health research for on-demand care showing 60% of U.S. broadband households are interested in remote care that would take place online or by telephone. The research firm will examine how smart home technology can positively impact quality of life for aging consumers and facilitate independent living during the workshop "Success in the Connected Health Market: Consumer Insights and Best Practices." The pre-show workshop will be held on Tuesday, August 29, prior to the opening reception for the fourth-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers at the Omni San Diego Hotel.
"As the consumer-focused transformation in healthcare broadens, more care will be delivered in non-acute settings, including in people's homes," said Elizabeth Parks, SVP, Parks Associates. "At these workshops, we will address the tremendous potential for home-based health and wellness solutions as well as independent living products and services to expand opportunities in the smart home and IoT."
The workshop, taking place from 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 29, will examine the emerging use cases that leverage smart home infrastructure for connected health experiences, including remote health monitoring, personal safety monitoring, virtual coaching, and lifestyle tracking for wellness improvement. The pre-conference workshop features analyst insights, industry perspectives on healthcare challenges, and discussions on IoT solutions that best engage consumers and caregivers and meet the business goals of healthcare providers and insurers.
The workshop includes the following sessions:
- Managing Consumer Experience in Preventive Care
- Marrying Behavioral Change Theories with Practices: Lessons Learned
- Smart Home for Health: Where are the Opportunities?
- Success Stories: Leveraging Mobile to Improve Patient Engagement
- Pay for Performance: Which Payment Model Works to Your Advantage?
- Navigate the Regulatory and Reimbursement Environment
- The Chronic Care Continuum: A VC's Perspective
- Sam Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, Master Inventor, Technical Lead for Global Aging Initiative, IBM
- William Betten, Director, Business Solutions, Devicix, by Nortech Systems
- Kyra Bobinet, CEO-founder, engagedIN
- John Gardner, Partner, Nokia Growth Partners
- Chris Nicholson, CEO, mPulse Mobile
- Trishan Panch, Chief Medical Officer, WellFrame
- Kristen Ratcliff McGovern, Partner, Sirona Strategies
- Kim Tyrrell-Knott, Partner, Epstein Becker Green
Following the workshop will be the opening reception for Connected Health Summit, including a baseball game outing, San Diego Padres vs. San Francisco Giants, sponsored by AARP.
The fourth-annual Connected Health Summit provides in-depth analysis and discussion on the implications of the connected healthcare revolution and the resulting consumerization of healthcare. Confirmed keynotes for the event include executives from Aetna Digital, Geisinger Health System, Sharecare Inc., and UnitedHealthcare.
Conference sponsors include Independa, iQor, Reemo Health, AARP, Alarm.com, BodiMetrics, Macadamian, mPulse Mobile, PokitDok, ULE Alliance, Vivify Health, Z-Wave, California HealthCare Foundation, Best Buy, LivingWell@Home, Rapid Response Monitoring, Sidebench, Freeus, and MobileHelp Healthcare.
Registration is open for the workshop and Connected Health Summit, and media are invited to attend. For information, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com. To schedule an interview or to request specific data, contact Julia Homier at firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-996-0214.
About Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the role of innovative connected health solutions in driving changes in consumer behaviors as well as healthcare systems, insurers, and hospital networks. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health, which require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Health_Smt.
SOURCE Parks Associates