DALLAS, June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates today announced the early speaking lineup for the fourth-annual Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers, August 29-31 in San Diego, California, featuring keynotes from Aetna, UnitedHealth Group, Sharecare, and Geisinger Health System. The event addresses recent changes in the U.S. health system and examines the impact consumerization has had on the healthcare industry.
"Despite polarizing debates on U.S. healthcare reform, the industry has benefitted tremendously from technology innovations in recent years," said Jennifer Kent, Director, Research Quality & Product Development, Parks Associates. "Technologies help medical device makers and pharmaceutical companies design more effective products and support the work of doctors and nurses by providing better communications and analytical tools to make timelier and more accurate care decisions."
Parks Associates research shows significant consumer interest in new remote-care models. Nearly 60% of consumers in U.S. broadband households are interested in visiting with a medical professional online or by telephone. Follow-up care following an illness or hospitalization and ongoing treatment of chronic health conditions are particularly popular use cases for remote care services. The international research firm notes this consumer interest is one of the factors driving the growth in venture capital funding for digital health startups since 2010.
"Digital connectivity through health and wellness devices and apps spurs changes in how consumers interact with the healthcare system and how they manage their health," Kent said. "This consumerization of healthcare technologies represents a significant opportunity to those who can spot it and build a business to pursue it. At Connected Health Summit, we will examine the latest digital health innovations and partnerships helping to shape the overall health landscape."
Keynote speakers for the 2017 Connected Health Summit include Saquib Rahim, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Aetna; Chanin Wendling, AVP, Informatics, Geisinger Health System; Dale Rayman, SVP, Actuarial Consulting & Business Development, Sharecare, Inc.; and Vidya Raman-Tangella, SVP and Head, UHC Innovation Center of Excellence, UnitedHealth Group.
Other confirmed speakers for the event include:
- Andrew Altorfer, CEO, CirrusMD
- Arta Bakshandeh, Senior Medical Officer, Alignment Healthcare
- William Betten, Director, Business Solutions, Devicix
- Casper de Clercq, General Partner, Norwest Venture Partners
- Barry Didato, Chief Investment Officer, The Innovation Institute
- Chris Edwards, Chief Marketing & Experience Officer, Conversa Health
- Veena Goel, MD, Medical Director, Digital Patient Experience, Sutter Health
- Chuck Hector, Chief Sales Officer, MDLIVE, Inc.
- Olivier Hua, CEO, BewellConnect Corp
- Ranndy Kellogg, President and CEO, Omron Healthcare, Inc.
- Phillip LaJoie, VP, Operations, 2bPrecise
- Sean McNamara, Manager, Health Partnerships, Garmin
- Stephen Morgan, SVP and Chief Medical Information Officer, Carilion Clinic
- Mikki Nasch, Co-founder, Evidation Health
- Scott Plewes, VP, User Experience, Macadamian
- Eric Rock, CEO and Founder, Vivify Health
- Karsten Russell-Wood, Director, Marketing, Philips
- Adam Sabloff, CEO, Founder, Virtual Health
- Kian Saneii, Founder & CEO, Independa
- Stuart Slutzky, Chief, Product Innovation, Humana Wellness Solutions
- John Valiton, CEO, Reemo Health
Parks Associates is accepting submissions for speakers for Connected Health Summit. Registration is open, and media are invited to attend. For information, visit www.connectedhealthsummit.com. To schedule a meeting or request specific data, contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com, 720-987-6614.
About Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers
Connected Health Summit: Engaging Consumers analyzes the role of innovative connected health solutions in driving changes in consumer behaviors. The event focuses on four areas of consumer health, which require active consumer participation to be successful: remote health monitoring for accountable care, consumer-centric wellness and fitness solutions, independent living technologies and services, and innovative convenience care models.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/parks-associates-announces-early-speaking-lineup-for-connected-health-summit-engaging-consumers-300478151.html
SOURCE Parks Associates