DALLAS, Sept. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Parks Associates today announced new research showing more than one-fourth, or 28%, of U.S. broadband households own a smart speaker with voice assistant. The international research firm will discuss the impact of voice technologies and other innovations on the smart home ecosystem at the 13th-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit: IoT and the Smart Home on January 8 at CES® 2019 in Las Vegas, concluding with a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP.
CONNECTIONS™ Summit features multiple sessions examining mass-market business strategies, partnership opportunities, the impact of voice on the user experience, and advances in AI and data analytics. CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Alarm.com, Asurion, F-Secure, Homematic IP, Minim, ROC-Connect, and Trusource Labs.
"Many smart speaker owners already have smart home devices. For example, 38% of consumers who own a smart speaker with voice assistant also have a smart thermostat," said Elizabeth Parks, Senior VP, Parks Associates. "Consumers are starting to explore the potential of voice to control their smart home products. Though previous research indicates that voice control of smart products is not a dominate use case, it is a steadily growing trend."
- Smart Home Platforms: Providing Value through Experiences
- Special Session: Home Security and the Smart Home
- Voice-First Experience: Innovation and Disruption
- In-Home Tech Support: Creating Consumer Confidence
- Special Session: Smart Home Channels: Race among Homebuilders
- Insurance and Consumer IoT Markets: New Business Models
- Focus on the Experience: Interoperability & Integration
- Independent Living: Serving Consumers at Home
- Rob Flippo, CEO, MobileHelp
- Geoff Gross, Founder & CEO, Medical Guardian, Medical Guardian
- Bernd Grohmann, EVP, eQ-3 AG
- Yuval Harry, Head, Partnerships, Hippo
- Jay Holley, Head, Partnerships, Uber Health
- David Kaiserman, President, Lennar Ventures, Lennar
- Charlie Kindel, SVP, Products & Services, Control4
- Jennifer Mallett, CEO/President, Level Up Your Home
- Lainie Muller, Director, Wellness, Alarm.com
- Sujata Neidig, VP, Marketing, Thread Group; Senior MCU Marketing Manager, NXP
- Marcus Scheiber, CEO & Co-Founder, ROC-Connect
- David Wechsler, Senior Director, Channels and Partnerships, Comcast Xfinity
- Raoul Wijgergangs, VP, GM, Z-Wave, Silicon Labs
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is a one-day executive summit that focuses on the best business models and value propositions in the Internet of Things (IoT), the smart home, and connected and mobile CE and services. The event includes six executive sessions, two special presentations, and a networking reception, sponsored by Homematic IP, on January 8, the opening day of CES.
For more information on Parks Associates research or events, visit www.parksassociates.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113. To schedule an interview with an analyst or to request specific research data, please contact Julia Homier at Julia.email@example.com.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is an annual research and industry event hosted by international research firm Parks Associates at CES in Las Vegas. The executive event features one day of panel discussions on the smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), and connected entertainment, with trends and implications for connected consumers and opportunities for companies to build new revenues and innovative business models.
The 2019 CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place January 8 during CES, which runs January 8-11 in Las Vegas. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit. http//www.connectionssummit.com
SOURCE Parks Associates