NEW YORK, April 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Patient-friendly Wearable Delivery Devices
Patch pumps are the convergence of several technologies into a single drug delivery device package. In doing so, this class of devices overcomes a number of shortcomings and limitations, while simplifying the drug administration event at the patient interface. The current generation of patch pumps focuses on insulin delivery, but a number of devices have been designed and are being developed to be – within the limits of drug pharmacology - essentially API agnostic. This report analyzes important therapeutic segments and examines key regulatory, economic and competitive factors that represent potential barriers to commercial success.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What patch pump devices for drug delivery have been approved for marketing, and what are the key market segments, market dynamics and market demographics?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for patch pump systems?
- What are the key design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues?
- What is the market today, who are the leaders, and what will it look like in 2022?
- Who are the competitors and participants in the patch pump device segment, and what are their product development activities, business strategies, and business alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on patch pump commercialization and market access?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on the patch pump drug delivery market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p01941670-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/patch-pump-drug-delivery-systems-to-2022-300248773.html