CALGARY, Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ - Patriot Oilfield Solutions Corp is offering a large silica sand mine for sale in the Horn River Basin.
"There doesn't seem to be much question about the potential for natural gas out of the Horn River Basin (HRB), Liard Basin, and the Cordova Embayment in Northeast British Columbia (BC). The HRB alone may possess up to 650 Tcf of reserves, and one eye-opening estimate prepared by Sproule Associates in 2012 suggests these three formations may have combined resources between 809 and 2,222 Tcf. What is in question, however, is just how much these areas will be developed, and can it be done economically?"
The 180 acre (73 Hectare) lease holds an estimated 30 MM tonnes of fine silica sand.
This Property is located near major water access (McKenzie Delta – Beaufort Sea) making it logistically sound to serve the local market but also Alaska, California, Utah, New Mexico, Texas, Russia, and China.
Current holdings are a washed, glaciated sand and aggregate under a License of Occupation (LOO) permit that contains 73.03 hectares of producible sand resources in the Horn River area.
Highlights of the resource are:
- Approximately 30 MM Tonnes of silica sand (tested at 70% silica) in place based on the exposed face profile, deposit contours and surface shovel testing.
- Extraction costs of approximately $3.00 – $3.50 per tonne
- Estimated between 0.5m and 1m of organic soil overburden (refer to photo phase)
- Abundant 20/40, 30/50, 40/70 size fractions with some amounts 100 mesh and smaller
- Predominantly quartz sand with feldspar and carbonate fractions.
- Adequate for hydraulic fracturing. May be suitable for some tight permeable gas and or shale formations without further processing.
For interested parties:
- A full presentation plus feasibility study and Outotec and CoreLab analysis reports available.
- 30 Day public bid will take place, please inquire to sign NCNDA to view the online data room.
SOURCE Patriot OilField Solutions Corp.