ATLANTA, March 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- WorldPay, in partnership with Value Payment Systems, today announced that it has made paying federal taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with a credit or debit card less expensive for taxpayers. Through the WorldPay tax payment services, located at www.payUSAtax.com and 888-9-PAY-TAX (888-972-9829), taxpayers can make personal and business tax payments to the IRS with a MasterCard®, VISA®, Discover®, STAR®, NYCE®, Pulse® or Accel® debit card with the lowest fixed debit card convenience fee of only $3.49. In addition, taxpayers can also pay their IRS taxes with a MasterCard®, Visa® and Discover® credit card and Bill Me Later® with the lowest percentage convenience fee of only 1.89%. The new debit and credit card convenience fees are less than the fees offered by any other IRS Authorized Payment Service Provider.
Through www.payUSAtax.com and 888-9-PAY-TAX, taxpayers can make secure tax payments for the following federal tax types:
Personal Tax Payments
- Form 1040 Series (including Prior Year payments)
- Estimated Taxes (Form 1040ES)
- Installment Agreement Payments
- Form 4868 (Tax Extension)
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Form 1040X (Amended Tax Returns)
- Form 5329 - Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans and Other Tax-Favored Accounts (Return for Individual Retirement Arrangement Taxes)
Business Tax Payments
- Form 940 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return
- Form 941 Series - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 943 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees
- Form 944 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return
- Form 945 Series - Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax
- Form 1065 – U.S. Return of Partnership Income
- Form 1041 – U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
"payUSAtax™ offers an easy, convenient and cost-effective way for federal taxpayers to pay their personal and business taxes to the IRS," said Peter Forbes, head of national sales for WorldPay. "In fact, the new debit card convenience fee of $3.49 is even less expensive than sending a check Certified Mail™ with a Return Receipt."
In addition to the new low credit card and debit card convenience fees, taxpayers can earn rewards, schedule automated payments, set future payment e-mail reminders and deduct the convenience fee on their tax return.
- Rewards - Taxpayers can receive benefits in reward programs connected with their card. Taxpayers should check with their financial institution for specific terms and agreements.
- Recurring Payments - To help taxpayers save time and avoid potential late fees, users of www.payUSAtax.com will be able to schedule automated payments and set future payment e-mail reminders.
- Convenience Fee Deductibility - The IRS has determined that convenience fees incurred by qualifying individual taxpayers may be deductible. Taxpayers should consult with their tax advisor to determine if they qualify. The IRS considers a business tax payment convenience fee as a deductible expense.
For more information visit www.payUSAtax.com.
About WorldPay US, Inc.
WorldPay is a global card payment acquiring business operating in over 30 countries which allows customers to accept card payments both at point of sale and over the Internet. The company offers services across the entire payment value chain, including transaction capturing, merchant acquiring and transaction processing.
Media Contact: Tom Konz - [email protected] or at 678.587.1263.
About Value Payment Systems
Value Payment Systems provides electronic payment products and services to various industries including government and property management. Value Payment Systems' comprehensive e-payment services encompass a wide array of payment channels including the Internet and phone. For more information, visit www.valuepaymentsystems.com.
Media Contact: Scott Slusser - [email protected] or 615.730.6367
For more information, please visit www.WorldPay.us.