ATLANTA, Jan. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- RBS WorldPay, in partnership with Value Payment Systems, today announced that it has made paying federal taxes to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with a credit or debit card less expensive for taxpayers. Through the RBS WorldPay tax payment services, located at www.payUSAtax.com and 888-9-PAY-TAX (888-972-9829), taxpayers can make personal and business tax payments to the IRS with their MasterCard® and Discover® credit and debit cards as well as other payment methods for only 1.95% of their tax liability amount. This new lower convenience fee is less than the fees offered by any other Authorized Payment Service Provider. In addition, taxpayers can also pay their IRS taxes with a VISA®, STAR®, NYCE® or Pulse® debit card for a fixed convenience fee of only $3.89.
Through www.payUSAtax.com and 888-9-PAY-TAX, taxpayers can make secure tax payments for the following federal tax types:
Personal Tax Payments
- Form 1040 Series (including Prior Year payments)
- Estimated Taxes (Form 1040ES)
- Installment Agreement Payments
- Form 4868 (Tax Extension)
- Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Form 1040X (Amended Tax Returns)
- Form 5329 - Additional Taxes on Qualified Plans and Other Tax-Favored Accounts (Return for Individual Retirement Arrangement Taxes)
Business Tax Payments
- Form 940 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Unemployment Tax Return
- Form 941 Series - Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
- Form 943 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return for Agricultural Employees
- Form 944 Series - Employer's Annual Federal Tax Return
- Form 945 Series - Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax
- Form 1065 – U.S. Return of Partnership Income
- Form 1041 – U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts
"It's safe, secure and convenient," said Ian Stuttard, president and CEO of RBS WorldPay. "RBS WorldPay has been providing comprehensive, electronic payment processing for merchants for over twenty years. We currently process billions of dollars in payments annually, and government payment processing is a high-growth business where we anticipate making an impact. By leveraging the combined experience and innovation of our two organizations, we are able to offer the lowest credit and debit card convenience fees ever available for federal tax payments. This is truly a winning combination."
In addition to the lowest credit card convenience fee ever offered by any IRS Authorized Payment Service Provider, taxpayers can earn rewards, schedule automated payments, set future payment e-mail reminders and deduct the convenience fee on their tax return.
- Rewards - Taxpayers can receive benefits in reward programs connected with their card. Taxpayers should check with their financial institution for specific terms and agreements.
- Recurring Payments - To help taxpayers save time and avoid potential late fees, users of www.payUSAtax.com will be able to schedule automated payments and set future payment e-mail reminders.
- Convenience Fee Deductibility - The IRS has determined that convenience fees incurred by qualifying individual taxpayers may be deductible. Taxpayers should consult with their tax advisor to determine if they qualify. The IRS considers a business tax payment convenience fee as a deductible expense.
For more information visit www.payUSAtax.com.
About Value Payment Systems
Value Payment Systems provides electronic payment products and services to various industries including government and property management. Value Payment Systems' comprehensive e-payment services encompass a wide array of payment channels including the Internet as well as emerging payment methods such as PINless debit. For more information, visit www.valuepaymentsystems.com.
About RBS WorldPay, Inc.
RBS WorldPay is a leading, single-source provider of electronic payment processing services – including credit, debit, EBT, checks, gift cards, e-commerce, customer loyalty cards, fleet cards, ATM processing and cash management services.
RBS WorldPay is the US-based payment processing division of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc. For more information, please visit www.RBSWorldPay.us.
About The Royal Bank of Scotland Group (RBS)
The RBS Group is a financial services company providing a range of retail and corporate banking, financial markets, consumer finance, insurance, and wealth management services. The RBS Group operates in the Americas, Asia and the Middle East serving more than 40 million customers. For more information, please visit www.RBS.com.
For More Information Contact:
Dawn M. Thompson
J. Scott Slusser
RBS WorldPay, Inc.
Value Payment Systems
SOURCE RBS WorldPay, Inc.