ST. LOUIS, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) today announced that all 10 nominated members of the board of directors were re-elected for one-year terms at the company's annual meeting of shareholders.
Re-elected directors are:
- Gregory H. Boyce, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Peabody Energy;
- William A. Coley, former Chief Executive Officer and Director of British Energy Group plc;
- William E. James, Managing General Partner of RockPort Capital Partners LLC;
- Robert B. Karn III, former Managing Partner with Arthur Andersen Financial & Consulting in St. Louis;
- Henry E. Lentz, former Managing Director of Lazard Freres & Co. LLC;
- Robert A. Malone, former Executive Vice President of BP plc and former Chairman and President of BP America Inc.;
- William C. Rusnack, former President and Chief Executive Officer of Premcor Inc.;
- John F. Turner, former U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs;
- Sandra A. Van Trease, Group President of BJC Healthcare; and
- Alan H. Washkowitz, former Managing Director of Lehman Brothers Inc.
The board thanked M. Frances Keeth, former Executive Vice President of Royal Dutch Shell, plc, and former Chief Executive Officer and President of Shell Chemicals Limited, for her distinguished service upon her retirement from the board. She has helped guide Peabody's business decisions during a strong period of global expansion in Australia, Asia and Europe. During her tenure, Peabody's revenues increased 41 percent and EBITDA rose 42 percent.
Peabody Energy is the world's largest private-sector coal company and a global leader in sustainable mining and clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. For further information, go to PeabodyEnergy.com and CoalCanDoThat.com.
SOURCE Peabody Energy