WASHINGTON, Dec. 16, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced today that the House Democratic Caucus has approved Ranking Members on Standing House committees in the 112th Congress.
"Our Democratic Ranking Members stand ready to continue creating jobs and fighting for the middle class in the 112th Congress," Speaker Pelosi said. "Each of these distinguished Members brings to the table extensive experience and great intellect to work with the new Republican committee chairmen on behalf of the American people."
The House Democratic Caucus approved the following Ranking Members:
- Agriculture Committee – Collin Peterson of Minnesota
- Armed Services Committee – Adam Smith of Washington
- Education and Labor Committee – George Miller of California
- Foreign Affairs Committee – Howard Berman of California
- Committee on Homeland Security – Bennie Thompson of Mississippi
- Judiciary Committee – John Conyers of Michigan
- Natural Resources Committee – Edward Markey of Massachusetts
- Committee on Oversight and Government Reform – Elijah Cummings of Maryland
- Science and Technology Committee – Eddie Bernice Johnson of Texas
- Small Business Committee – Nydia Velazquez of New York
- Transportation and Infrastructure Committee – Nick Rahall of West Virginia
- Veterans' Affairs Committee – Bob Filner of California
SOURCE Office of the Speaker of the House