WASHINGTON, Oct. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Below are a statement and set of questions from Nadeam Elshami, spokesman for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in advance of House Republican Leader John Boehner's "closing argument," which will be delivered tomorrow in Cincinnati, Ohio.
"Instead of talking about a closing argument, Mr. Boehner should be talking about why Republicans oppose closing tax breaks that encourage corporations to ship American jobs overseas. He should talk about why Republicans refuse to shine a light on foreign money that is influencing our elections. Democrats are moving America forward, while Republicans want to return to the 'exact same' failed policies that put the interests of corporations and Wall Street ahead of jobs and needs of the middle class."
Some Questions for House Republican Leader Boehner Before His 'Closing Argument'
Tomorrow, House Republican Leader John Boehner will give what his aides are describing as his "closing argument" for the American voter. Before he makes his final sales pitch, the American people deserve to know the answers to these questions:
1. Will you denounce the use of foreign money in election campaigns and call for disclosure of funding sources?
3. Will you explain why you will add $700 billion to the deficit to give bonuses to millionaires and billionaires without paying for it? And why you are holding tax cuts for middle-class Americans hostage to do so?
4. Will you explain how privatizing and cutting Social Security and Medicare is beneficial for America's seniors?
6. Will you decide on a position on Congressional earmark reform and explain it to conservatives?
7. And will you explain why Republican members, candidates and the American people are not embracing your Pledge?
Well, Mr. Boehner? The American people are waiting.
SOURCE Office of the Speaker of the House