PURCHASE, N.Y., April 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Pepsi announces the expansion of its global PepsiMoji campaign, inviting fans across the U.S. to #SayItWithPepsi this summer. Emojis have evolved to become a truly universal language. They've grown to be more than mere icons, but cultural conversation starters. In fact, today, there are more than two billion smartphone users globally who send over six billion emojis on a daily basis*.
"Pepsi is bringing a completely fun, fresh and shareable way for fans to express their emotions, as the brand brings emojis into the world like never before," said Chad Stubbs, VP of Marketing, Pepsi TM. "From unique five-second TV ads to an interactive Times Square Billboard to nearly half a billion PepsiMoji bottles across Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi MAX hitting retail shelves, everyone will want to #SayItWithPepsi this summer."
Pepsi is bringing a fresh take on the global emoji phenomenon – taking emojis into the real world in unique ways. With hundreds of proprietary PepsiMoji characters created by the PepsiCo Design & Innovation Center, fans can pick from a variety of themes, including food, sports, travel, music and more, to spark unexpected conversations and shareable moments. No matter what fans are trying to say this summer, they can #SayItWithPepsi. The fun PepsiMoji catalogue is available for consumers to download for free on the Apple App and Google Play stores.
To support the new campaign, Pepsi is releasing an innovative and first-of-its-kind series of over 100 five-second TV ads on May 16 that showcase the wide variety and witty PepsiMoji characters. The breadth of the campaign and creative allows for highly contextual relevance during programming.
LINK : https://youtu.be/sgO-68zdcz4
Continuing throughout summer 2016, PepsiMoji designs will be popping up in a variety of ways:
- A partnership with STORY, New York City's ever-changing retail concept store, will help bring to life the "Have Fun" installation to the store this spring. The installation is about experiencing emojis through different mediums and exploring self-expression and communication with Pepsi. The concept store will also feature custom PepsiMoji merchandise, a collaboration between PepsiCo Design and The Joester Loria Group. The collection features apparel, tabletop essentials, tumblers and more. The space will also serve as a venue for various events through the end of May.
- An interactive billboard in Times Square in New York City that consumers can be a part of, starting June 6 and running for two weeks.
- An activation at MLB All-Star Week, July 8-12 in San Diego, where Pepsi will create engaging fan experiences that celebrate #SayItWithPepsi throughout the event.
- A custom #SayItWithPepsi Snapchat integration to celebrate World Emoji Day on July 17.
- Later in the summer, an additional wave of PepsiMoji designs will be released online and on bottles.
Beginning in late-April, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Pepsi MAX in the U.S. will feature a variety of PepsiMoji designs on 20- ounce bottles, select bottle multi-packs and fountain cups for fans to share with one another.
Following release in markets including Australia, Canada, India, Mexico, Russia and Thailand, the PepsiMoji campaign will roll out around the world across the full Pepsi portfolio – Pepsi, Pepsi MAX and Diet Pepsi/Pepsi Light – throughout 2016.
For more information about #SayItWithPepsi, please visit www.pepsi.com.