NEW YORK, March 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05308970
Pharmaceutical drugs are subjected to various laws and regulations that deal with patenting, testing, safety, efficacy and marketing. Pharmaceutical drugs are intended for human or veterinary use presented in their finished dosage form.
The North America pharmaceutical drugs market is worth $341.1 billion, and is the largest in the world. It currently has about 36.5% share of the global pharmaceutical drugs market. This was mainly due to the presence of major pharmaceutical companies, increasing patent expirations and improved access to affordable healthcare in the region. The pharmaceutical drugs market in Asia-Pacific is the second largest in the world; it currently has about 21.5% of the global pharmaceutical drugs market.
Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs was the largest segment in the global pharmaceutical drugs market in 2017, accounting for about 14% of the market. Metabolic Disorders Drugs had the highest CAGR of 11.6% during 2013-2017; this segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9% during 2017-2021. Other segments covered in the report include cardiovascular drugs, oncology drugs, anti-infective drugs, central nervous system drugs, genito-urinary drugs, respiratory diseases drugs, gastrointestinal drugs, hematoloty drugs, dermatology drugs, ophthalmology drugs.
The increasing shift from prescription to non-prescription drugs, growing development of personalized medicine and moving away from animal testing methods are some of the major trends in the pharmaceutical industry.There has been an increasing push towards the development of personalized medicine.
Personalized medicine is also referred to as precision medicine, the idea of which is to provide medical care according to patient's individual characteristics, needs, preferences and genetic makeup.According to a survey by the Tufts Center, 94% of pharmaceutical companies have invested in personal medicine research.
For instance, Roche through its drug and diagnostics approach to cancer, HER2-positive therapies generated about $20 billion in sales.
The market for pharmaceutical drugs is highly competitive. Novartis AG was the largest player with 4.5% share in the global pharmaceutical drugs market in 2017, followed by Sanofi S.A., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Pfizer Inc. and Gilead Sciences Inc.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
• Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
• Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for pharmaceutical drugs? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The pharmaceutical drugs global market report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market's historic and forecast market growth by geography.
• The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
• The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market and forecasting the future. Drivers and restraints cover the external factors supporting and controlling the growth of the market.
• PESTLE Analysis covers the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental factors affecting the pharmaceutical drugs market.
• The customer information section covers major surveys conducted on the global pharmaceutical drugs market and their implications.
• Market segmentations break down market into sub markets, including Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs, Cardiovascular Drugs, Oncology Drugs, Anti-Infective Drugs, Metabolic Disorder Drugs, Central Nervous System Drugs, Genito-Urinary Drugs, Respiratory Diseases Drugs, Gastrointestinal Drugs, Hematology Drugs, Dermatology Drugs and Ophthalmology Drugs. The historic and forecast growth rates for these segments are also covered in this report.
• A comparison of the pharmaceutical drugs market with macro-economic factors and industry metrics is also covered in the report.
• The regional and country breakdown section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers all the regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
• The competitive landscape section gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies in terms of their offerings, growth strategy and financial performance.
• The report also covers key mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical drugs market. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
• The trends and strategies section highlights the likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit this.
Markets covered: Musculoskeletal Disorders Drugs, Cardiovascular Drugs, Oncology Drugs, Anti-Infective Drugs, Metabolic Disorder Drugs, Central Nervous System Drugs, Genito-Urinary Drugs, Respiratory Diseases Drugs, Gastrointestinal Drugs, Hematology Drugs, Dermatology Drugs, Ophthalmology Drugs.
Companies mentioned: Novartis AG, Sanofi S.A., F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Pfizer Inc. and Gilead Sciences Inc.
Countries: China, Japan, India, Australia, USA, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Russia, South Africa
Regions: Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p05308970
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001