NEW YORK, April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
GlobalData's "PharmaLeaders: Mid-Cap Biotechnology Benchmark Report - Sales Forecasts and Product Valuations of Innovative Biotechs" applies our proprietary ranking methodology to compare the competitive positions of 35 mid-cap biotechnology companies on 14 financial metrics. These companies are analyzed based on their financial performance, research and development (R&D) spending, capital structure, and firm utilization to illustrate the different strategies they are using to increase value for their shareholders and create a competitive advantage. Throughout the report, GlobalData's Industry Dynamics Team provides expert insight, expanding on each of the metrics discussed.
In addition to the financial metrics, this report provides an overview of the biotech sector growth rates, and discusses the regulatory approvals that occurred in 2014, along with our forecast sales outlook for each drug. We also examine how the patent cliff will impact the industry moving forward, along with deals and licensing activity, and the prospects for niche/orphan drugs. Lastly, we use our proprietary database tools to determine the Net Present Value (NPV) of both marketed and clinical pipeline assets and their future profits and cash flows.
Key Questions Answered
- What specific strategies are these innovative biotech companies employing to gain market share?
- What therapeutic areas are these biotech companies focusing their R&D spending?
- Which trends will affect the biotech sector moving forward?
- How does my pipeline and commercialization strategy match up against the competition?
- What specific business development activities are taking place, in terms of partnerships or M&A?
- What particular enabling technologies and drug platforms are these biotech companies developing?
- How are these biotech companies maximizing their capital spend to gain a competitive advantage?
- This report provides analysis of the key drivers and trends shaping the biotechnology sector; including drivers of financial growth and R&D spending, FDA approvals, generic erosion, corporate strategy, orphan drugs and asset value creation
- This report offers a deep dive into the synergies behind partnering and acquisition activity
- FDA expedited review - drugs approved by Fast Track, Breakthrough, Priority Review, and Accelerated approval pathways
- Six-year forecasts for key drugs approved in 2014; Net Present Value (NPV) for key drugs approved in 2014.
Reasons to buy
- Analyze and track the strategies that these drug companies are using to gain share in the increasingly competitive market
- Understand the underlying financial metrics that differentiate certain companies from the pack in terms of growth and profitability, spending and asset structure
- Organize your sales and marketing strategy to identify companies with proprietary technologies in order to maximize opportunities for licensing, partnership, equity investment or takeover
- Independent source to benchmark your company's performance against a similar peer group to assess areas of strength/weakness
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02851879-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution that finds, filters and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001