LONDON, Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Alzheimer's Disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that is characterized by memory loss, cognitive impairment, and functional decline. During the early stages of disease, sleep disturbances and forgetfulness are generally the first presenting symptoms. In the severe stages, patients with AD require permanent observation either by a home care professional or family member. The rapidly declining status of patients with AD results in a drastic reduction in quality of life (QOL), both for the patients and their caretakers. With rapidly accelerating worldwide prevalence, AD has been identified as a major global health threat by the international medical community. Significant efforts have been made to develop a new treatment for AD, as current pharmacologic management is known to only provide temporary improvement of symptoms. Without therapies that effectively stop or reverse the course of the disease, a large area opportunity exists for the development of an effective pharmacologic approach.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the preferred therapies for each country?
- The developmental pipeline consists of disease-modifying therapies (DMTs) that aim to prevent the disease in early- and presymptomatic patients. Which of these DMTs will attain high sales revenues during 2013-2023, and in which markets?
- Will amyloid-based therapies face adoption challenges in the market? What is the projected uptake of new passive immunotherapies and BACE inhibitors over the forecast period?
- How large an impact will Lundbeck's LuAE-58054 and Forum/Mitsubishi Tanabe's EVP-6124 have on the schizophrenia market? What do key opinion leaders think of these treatment approaches?
- What are the unique challenges in AD, and how will they affect the growth of the market globally?
- Guidelines are not closely followed due to the heterogeneity of symptoms.
- There is a widespread reluctance to seek treatment in the absence of curative therapies.
- Diagnosis in early stages of the disease remains a challenge and will affect the growth of the market over the 2013-2023 forecast period.
- Poor consensus over clinical trial endpoints required for approval.
- Symptoms related to AD require better treatment options.
- Amyloid beta is the focus of the late-stage pipeline.
- Disease-modifying therapies such as passive immunotherapies and BACE inhibitors will revitalize the AD market.
- Overview of AD and mild cognitive impairment (MCI), including etiology, general symptoms, country-specific compliance/caregiving data and epidemiology.
- Annualized AD market revenue, annual cost of treatment and usage patterns from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the AD market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across AD disease severities for disease-modifying and symptomatic therapies with novel mechanisms of action in AD, including Lilly's solanezumab, Biogen's aducanumab, Roche's gantenerumab and crenezumab (Phase II). Merck & Co.'s M-8931, and Lilly/AstraZeneca's AZD-3293.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AD drug market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most competitive pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the AD market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AD market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global AD market from 2013-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3161484/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48