LONDON, Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The fibromyalgia market is relatively new and not yet established. Three drugs currently dominate the sales across the 7MM and form the core treatment options; Lyrica, Cymbalta and Savella are all approved in the US while only the former is approved in Japan. Since these drugs are also available in the 5EU for other indications, they are prescribed as off-label therapies. A handful of other genericized products also provide off-label usage including antidepressants, anti-epileptics, opioids and muscle relaxants. Although Lyrica, Cymbalta and Savella can provide an effective treatment regimen, there are ample opportunities for the development of alternative treatment choices which can expand the medications available to patients, providing improvement in efficacy, safety and compliance. By 2023, there will be four new entrants to the market (Lyrica CR, TNX-102 SL, DS-5565 and TD-9855). These new products will help to drive market growth and offset some of the patent expiries of the leading brands during the forecast period. Despite these advancements in the treatment landscape, fibromyalgia therapeutic sales growth are expected to be minimal.
Key Questions Answered
- The fibromyalgia market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the fibromyalgia market?
- The late-stage fibromyalgia pipeline consists of reformulations of existing therapies, one of which has a novel route of administration, and me-too products. Which drug will have a significant impact on the fibromyalgia market? Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- How will the introduction of new therapies change the fibromyalgia treatment landscape? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
- The main driver of the expansion of the fibromyalgia market will be the introduction of four new therapies across the seven major markets.
- The biggest barrier for the introduction of new therapies will be patent expirations of the leading brands marketed for fibromyalgia, which will result in an increase of generics, and which may negatively impact revenue from branded drugs that are expected to launch in the forecast period.
- The concerns of reducing healthcare costs as part of government austerity measures, particularly in Europe, which will impede market growth. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
- Overview of fibromyalgia, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized fibromyalgia therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2013 and forecast for ten years to 2023.
- Key topics covered include market characterization, unmet needs, R&D and clinical trials assessment, late stage clinical trial analysis and implications for the fibromyalgia therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: focus on the four late-stage pipeline drugs discussing emerging trends as well as overview of earlier phase drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global fibromyalgia therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global fibromyalgia therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global fibromyalgia therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global fibromyalgia therapeutics market from 2013-2018.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3161485/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48