STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- There's more than academics on the minds of students heading back to school for the fall semester. Most guys recognize that it's not enough to squeak by with a passing grade when it comes to campus style. Philips Norelco has teamed up with reality television star, Vinny Guadagnino, to help guys get their style in check before heading back to school. Your individual look needs to be an A+, and the right haircut is essential to making the grade.
Just in time for back-to-school, Philips Norelco invites guys to a special "study session" with Vinny to hear how he maintains a 4.0 in personal style – whether hanging out at the Jersey shore, or fist pumping in Florence, Italy. Keeping your look "fresh to death," as Vinny would say, requires more than hitting the gym and staying tan.
"As a leader in men's grooming, Philips Norelco understands that guys are looking for an easy-to-use, all-in-one solution to achieve their own personal style," said Kristi Crump, Marketing Director for Philips Norelco. "We are excited to partner with Vinny to show guys how easy it is to get and maintain a look that's unique and right for them, while at the same time saving some cash."
"Today, style is all about customization and confidence," said Guadagnino, the 23-year-old reality show star. "GTL – or gym, tan, laundry – can only get you so far. DIY – do-it-yourself – is the real key to personalized style."
Control, precision and power are essential elements for achieving that fresh-from-the-barber look at-home, and Philips Norelco Hair Clippers are the perfect tools to get the job done – right out of the box. The entire line features adjustable length settings, so there's no need for multiple attachments. For the ultimate hair cutting experience at-home, try the Philips Norelco DIY Hair Clipper Pro (QC5530), which features a 180 degree rotating head and adjustable zoom wheel with 20 length settings.
"A lot of guys think personal style requires dropping a boatload of money on products and gadgets, but that's really not the case," said Guadagnino. "With a few simple tricks and the right tools, any guy can head back to school looking and feeling great."
For more information about Philips Norelco Hair Clippers, visit www.philips.com/grooming.
Top Style Tips from Vinny Guadagnino
- Own Your Look: I stand by the motto, "own your look," because it's important to know and commit to your own personal style. Whether you're preppy, hipster, or rocking straight up Jersey Shore style, you need to do you – and do it well.
- Do it Yourself: Like they always say, "If you want it done right, do it yourself." Whether you're developing your own style with custom accessories and clothes, or maintaining your cut with an easy-to-use, adjustable length Philips Norelco Hair Clipper, a little DIY action can make you stand apart — in the right way.
- The Right Fit: Whether you go for graphic tees or preppy polos, the fit is key. You work hard to look right, so show it off with clothes that fit your body.
- Accessories: You can wear some bling, but always keep it subtle. Maybe a nice watch or necklace, but if you keep it classy and subtle, that is a statement in itself. And remember, you can't go wrong with a smart pair of "hater blockers" – day and night.
- Head to Toe: Making your hair look good is important. The wrong cut can sink your entire look. I like to keep it short and tight with a cut every five days, while my other buddies keep it a little longer and blown back with some serious gel action. No matter your style, you can't go wrong with the Philips Norelco Hair Clippers.
- Facial Scruff: Always keep a little bit of facial scruff. While some guys prefer to stay clean shaven, I like to keep just a little bit to balance out the short hair on top. Ladies like it.
- Maintenance: Maintenance is key to staying "fresh to death." And remembering to get to the gym, maintaining your tan and keeping your hair fresh will keep your look on track.
- Details, Details, Details: It's the small things that matter and set the well-groomed apart. Keep your tan right, your laundry clean and your hair tight. Never forget to do a quick quality check before you leave the house.
- Natural Rays: Skip the tanning salon, and hit the beach to catch some natural rays. You can lay out or get fit while you get tan, by playing sports like volleyball or basketball with your buddies.
- The Attitude: Your attitude is quite possibly your best accessory. Remember the key to style is making it yours – so wear it with confidence. Oh, and no one has a better fist-pump than you.
Tools That Make the Cut
A great haircut requires the right tools. Fortunately, self-styling is simple with the Philips Norelco Hair Clippers.
- Philips Norelco DIY Hair Clipper Pro (QC5530) offers perfect control for an even cut and is easy-to-handle with a 180 degree rotating head and special combs to closely follow every contour of your head.
- Philips Norelco Hair Clipper with Adjustable Comb (QC5130) is easy to use right out of the box with an adjustable comb for multiple length settings without hassle.
Get your own Philips Norelco DIY Hair Clipper at Amazon.com.
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity." Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs over 120,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 22.3 billion in 2010, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips Electronics