AMSTERDAM, Feb. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the 2016 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition (HIMSS16), taking place February 29 – March 4 in Las Vegas, Nev. Committed to helping health care organizations meet their biggest health IT challenges, Philips will showcase connected digital health solutions and services to help improve and optimize chronic disease management, care coordination, and personal and population health.
"We are in the midst of one of the most challenging times in health care history, facing growing and aging populations, the rise of chronic diseases and global resource constraints, and the transition to value-based care," said Jeroen Tas, CEO, Connected Care and Health Informatics, Philips. "These challenges demand connected health IT solutions that integrate, collect, combine and deliver quality data for actionable insights to help improve patient outcomes, reduce costs and improve access to quality care."
Interoperable software and solutions connecting care for continuous health
Philips will showcase advanced technology and connected health solutions addressing issues that are top of mind for health care administrators, health IT executives, clinical informatics professionals and patients. The Philips booth (#3416) will spotlight integrated software solutions and services that enable care providers to make fast, informed decisions and help health IT professionals manage the large amount of patient data coming into the system.
Philips will feature its population health predictive algorithms using robust population data and deep clinical expertise to detect patterns and predict risks before they happen. Also showcased will be Philips care coordination and telehealth solutions, enabling care teams to stay continuously connected to patients at home while helping to prevent costly hospital readmissions. Visitors to the Philips booth will also experience Philips' connected digital health tools helping to improve the daily lives of patients coping with chronic diseases by reducing complexity, seamlessly tracking their condition, and providing proactive support to keep them living healthier and longer.
Areas of focus include Enterprise Clinical Informatics, featuring Philips' award-winning IntelliSpace Portal, the 2015/2016 KLAS category leader for Enterprise Advanced Visualization. Philips informatics and advanced analytics deliver data that is easily accessible, contextually relevant and helps to drive actionable insights to improve patient care. Highlights include integrated solutions and services in key areas of:
- Precision diagnostics;
- Patient & staff safety;
- Intelligent, universal data management;
- Medical imaging and visualization; and
- Acute patient informatics.
Philips will introduce its new highly scalable, high-performance data management solution in collaboration with Hitachi Data Systems. Another service making its debut at HIMSS is the new rapid cloud-based recovery service for healthcare data that has been developed in collaboration with Amazon Web Services. This new service can move the entire data repository for any healthcare organization to the cloud in days instead of months.
The Philips booth will also feature integrated solutions focused on the Connected Patient and Population Health, aimed to improve the daily lives of patients coping with chronic diseases and individuals focused on their health and wellness, while also helping care teams stay connected to patients. Solution highlights include:
- Health Cloud Services centered on the Philips HealthSuite digital platform, an open, secure cloud-based platform that powers solutions that can collect, compile, store and analyze clinical and other data from multiple devices and sources;
- Telehealth and care coordination;
- Home care and predictive analytics;
- Sleep and respiratory therapies; and
- Consumer health & wellness.
Philips executives and customer leadership presentations
Philips will host multiple HealthTech Talks throughout HIMSS16 in the Forum area of their booth, featuring connected health thought leadership presentations and open discussions with customers and key opinion leaders. The full schedule of talks – which will feature health advocate, author and TV talk personality Leeza Gibbons and Philips customers Westchester Medical Center (WMCHealth), Banner Health, Partners Healthcare, UCHealth and more – is available here.
Philips will also host HealthSuite LIVE! sessions, an exclusive invite-only experience, to demonstrate how Philips collaborates with health care organizations to co-innovate and help solve their biggest health IT challenges.
Beyond the show floor, Philips will have a significant presence at the HX360TM exclusive Executive Leadership forum being hosted at HIMSS16, addressing how emerging technologies and business model changes will transform care:
- Healthcare Beyond the Bedside: A People-Focused Approach to Innovation: On Monday, February 29 at 1:30 p.m. PST, Carla Kriwet, CEO of Patient Care and Monitoring Solutions, will present an HX360 session on how Philips is working with research partners to enhance care in the ICU utilizing cloud-based technology.
- Fireside Chat with Frans van Houten: In addition to participating in an invite-only roundtable with industry leaders, Frans van Houten, CEO of Royal Philips, will also participate in a Fireside Chat facilitated by veteran technology reporter David Kirkpatrick of Techonomy on Tuesday, March 1 at 11:00 a.m. PST.
- Innovation & the Future of Diabetes Care: On Tuesday, March 1 at 2:00 p.m. PST,Jeroen Tas, CEO of Connected Care and Health Informatics, will explore cutting-edge innovations and the future of diabetes management.
Philips executives will also participate in discussions centered on key issues facing health IT executives and practitioners both as part of HIMSS16 and its interactive destinations:
- Volume-Based to Value-Based Care at a Pioneer ACO: On Thursday, March 3 at 2:30 p.m. PST, Manu Varma, Head of Strategy for Hospital to Home at Philips, will participate in a panel session alongside Julie Reisetter, CNO at Banner Health.
- Connected Health Experience pavilion is the show's destination for connected patients, telemedicine, remote patient monitoring and games for health:
- Helping Seniors Age Well with Continuous Health – Kimberly O'Loughlin, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Home Monitoring, and Philips spokesperson and health advocate Leeza Gibbons will present on Tuesday, March 1 at 1:00 p.m. PST.
- Continuous Health for the Connected Patient – Varma will also present on Wednesday, March 2 at 4:00 p.m. PST.
- Interoperability Showcase (Booth #11954): A demonstration of cutting edge technologies and standards-based systems that advance connected health and care:
- Francois Andry, Sr. Director Enterprise Architecture, will discuss interoperability with the Philips HealthSuite digital platform on Tuesday, March 1 at 2:30 p.m. PST.
- Andrew Arthur, M.S., Sr. Director Engineering, will present on the seamless data interoperability journey on Wednesday, March 2 at 10:30 a.m. PST.
For further information, please contact:
Philips Healthcare Informatics, Solutions and Services
Tel.: +31 6 10558116
E-mail: [email protected]
About Royal Philips:
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2015 sales of EUR 24.2 billion and employs approximately 104,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Royal Philips