CHARLOTTE, April 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation is currently accepting applications from eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, governmental and educational institutions for its 2016 Environmental Stewardship and Energy Sustainability (ES2) Competitive Grant Program.
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation invests in nonprofit organizations that work toward one or more of the following objectives within North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee:
- Increasing access to or interaction with nature and the environment
- Promoting local accountability or actions to create cleaner cities, reduce emissions and incorporate conscious environmental decision-making in everyday life
- Incorporating energy and/or environmental education in K-12 schools and curriculum
- Promoting general awareness about environmental and energy-related issues for the public
- Preserving or restoring a community's existing natural resources, including green/open spaces
- Improving a community's sustainable business practices
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation seeks to maximize the impact of its grant dollars. Accordingly, special consideration is given to grants that promote the greatest possible impact for the dollars invested.
The deadline for this grant application is noon on Friday, June 24, 2016. For additional information and to apply, please visit the Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation environmental grant website below. The application must be submitted online via CyberGrants using this link.
About the Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation was established in 2004 with initial funding of $7 million from Piedmont Natural Gas. The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation assists qualified charitable agencies and organizations within Piedmont Natural Gas' three-state service area, through the awarding of grants. The Foundation's mission of, "Enriching Our Communities," mirrors Piedmont Natural Gas' strong philanthropic commitment to the communities it serves. The Foundation's grant making strategy further reflects that commitment by focusing on two areas: Environmental Stewardship and Energy Sustainability, and Community Enrichment Initiatives centered on K-12 STEM Education, Workforce Development and Health and Human Services. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $9.2 million in grants to qualifying organizations in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/piedmont-natural-gas-foundation-announces-opening-of-2016-environmental-stewardship-and-energy-sustainability-es2-grant-cycle-300252049.html
SOURCE Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation