CHICAGO, Feb. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Do you recall visiting the dentist as a child and popping a hot pink tablet that turned your mouth fuchsia to show plaque? Plaque HD Plaque-Identifying Toothpaste ups the ante with the 21st century version, a new and first-of-its kind toothpaste that contains teal disclosing agents to color and identify plaque build-up on teeth, and is proven to help consumers remove up to four times more plaque than a standard toothpaste.
Created by and for dental professionals, the benefits of Plaque HD have been clinically studied, with the results recently published in the prestigious International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Science. Participants in the independent studies conducted in the orthodontic department at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry were separated into two groups, with one group brushing with a standard toothpaste and the second group brushing with Plaque HD.
The presence of plaque on tooth surfaces was visualized by plaque-bound fluorescein, photographed, and digitally quantified to calculate the percentage of remaining plaque. Participants using Plaque HD demonstrated a 51% reduction in plaque, while participants using a standard toothpaste only demonstrated an 8.3% reduction.
Since plaque is clear, the toothpaste incorporates Targetol™ Technology that contains all-natural, plant-based teal disclosing agents and colors any plaque missed so that the user must continue brushing until all the plaque has been removed, ensuring the American Dental Association's recommended 2 minutes is met.
As demonstrated by the study, plaque can be difficult to detect with a standard toothpaste. Plaque HD helps:
- Kids learn healthy brushing habits at a young age;
- Teens in braces brush thoroughly and prevent the enamel damage and gum disease that's frequently revealed when braces come off;
- Adults combat the decaying effects of deceptively sugary and acidic raw juice diets;
- Pregnant women who experience varying hormone levels which increases the risk for developing gingivitis and periodontitis, and who produce more plaque and need to visit their dentist for a teeth cleaning every 2 months;
- Athletes who replenish their bodies with sport drinks for hydration and energy… and are unknowingly bathing their teeth in the sugars that fill them
ABOUT PLAQUE HD
Plaque HD Plaque-Identifying Toothpaste is a first-of-its-kind toothpaste, invented by Dr. Lawrence Hier in 2014, who was on a mission to help his patients brush better and smarter. As the only plaque-disclosing toothpaste on the market, Plaque HD is an integral tool in overall health and wellness, proven to remove four times more plaque than a standard toothpaste. Available in a professional version for $21 at dentists' offices nationwide, and a consumer version for $14.95 on Amazon.com, all it takes is one use to reveal a brighter and healthier smile. For more information please visit PlaqueHD.com.
SOURCE Plaque HD