NEW YORK, Aug. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Plastic decking market projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.82%"
The plastic decking market size is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10.82% during the forecast period of 2016 – 2021 and reach USD 4.69 billion by 2021. The plastic decking market is driven by factors such as rapid urbanization, rising construction activities in emerging economies, and large-scale investments in the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
"Polyethylene (PE) resin type in plastic decking held the largest market share"
Polyethylene resin is classified into high density polyethylene (HDPE) and low density polyethylene (LDPE). HDPE resin used in decking & railing has high strength and stiffness, which is ideal for residential end use. Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) plastic decking products contain additives that enhance its strength. These plastics are thin, flexible, and elastic, and are used for the manufacture of decking products and exterior furniture. These are some of the factors driving the global polyethylene plastic decking market.
"Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness a steady growth during the forecast period"
The Asia-Pacific market is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period. The increasing population and rising income is accelerating the per capita spending on construction. The markets of China and India are projected to be lucrative due to their rising middle-class population and rising consumer spending on construction sectors.
Breakdown of Primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of the plastic decking market. Estimates reached after analyzing secondary sources were validated through these interviews. Primary sources included professionals such as constructors, plastic decking manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and academic professionals.
The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
By Company Type: Tier 1 –35%, Tier 2 – 30%, Tier 3 – 35%
By Designation: C-level – 65%, Manager Level – 35%
By Region: North America – 30%, Europe – 30%, Asia-Pacific – 20%, RoW – 20%
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015.
Tier 1: Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 2: USD 1 billion > Revenue > USD 10 billion; Tier 3: Revenue < USD 1 billion
The various key players profiled in the report are as follows:
1. UPM Kymmene Corporation (Finland)
2. Universal Forest Products, Inc. (UFPI) (U.S.)
3. Advanced Environmental Recycling Technologies, Inc. (AERT) (U.S.)
4. Azek Building Products, Inc. (U.S.)
5. Fiberon LLC (U.S.)
6. Cardinal Building Products (U.S.)
7. TAMKO Building Products, Inc. (U.S.)
8. CertainTeed Corporation (U.S.)
9. Green Bay Decking, LLC (U.S.)
10. DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the plastic decking market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. The report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, acquisitions, agreements, partnerships, and expansions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04016193-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: [email protected]
Intl: +1 339-368-6001