LOS ANGELES, Aug. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- While the gowns varied in style and color, A-list television stars opted for classic elegance at the Primetime Emmy Awards tonight wearing platinum jewelry. Whether it was a pair of stud earrings with brilliant white diamonds as seen on Kim Kardashian, or stacked cuff bracelets with colored gemstones on Kyra Sedgwick, platinum transcended all jewelry trends, making our favorite stars stand out on the red carpet. Not only is platinum the highest quality metal, but its natural white color also maximizes the brilliance of diamonds and colored gemstones. It's no wonder why many of Hollywood's most notable style icons from the past also chose platinum for their red carpet jewelry - including Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O., Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly.
Following is a list of stars that celebrated tonight's achievements in PLATINUM:
- Lea Michele: Platinum and multi-colored mesh diamond necklace, two platinum and champagne diamond bracelets, and a pair of platinum and champagne diamond stud earrings (10 carats) by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Emily Blunt: Platinum and diamond bangle, platinum and diamond ring, platinum and diamond flower hair pin, and a pair of platinum and diamond stud earrings by Lorraine Schwartz. Emily's jewelry complemented her platinum engagement ring and wedding band by Neil Lane.
- Kim Kardashian: Platinum cuff with champagne and white diamonds (80 carats), platinum and diamond stud earrings (15 carats), platinum and diamond pinky ring (8 carats), and platinum and diamond hair pins by Lorraine Schwartz.
- January Jones: Platinum and diamond stud earrings (10.12 carats of flawless diamonds), and a platinum and yellow diamond ring by Cartier.
- Kelly Osbourne: Platinum bracelets with black and white diamonds, and a pair of platinum earrings with black diamonds (14 carats each) by Martin Katz.
- Amy Poehler: Platinum and diamond drop earrings, bracelet and ring by Stephen Russell.
- Julie Bowen: Platinum and diamond stud earrings and bracelets by Neil Lane.
- Dianna Agron: Platinum earrings with 246 brilliant-cut diamonds and 2 briolette diamonds (2.54 carats) by Cartier.
- Jessalyn Gilsig: Platinum and brown diamond ring (8 carats) by Chopard.
- Elisabeth Moss: Platinum and diamond earrings (33 carats), two bracelets (179 carats total), and two rings by Chopard.
- Tina Fey: Platinum and black diamond tassel bracelet by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Kyra Sedgwick: Platinum bracelets with multi-colored gemstones, platinum ring with rubellite (60 carats) and diamonds, and a pair of blackened platinum drop earrings by Ofira.
- Lauren Graham: Blackened platinum and diamond star earrings, platinum and diamond bangle, two platinum and diamond rings, and a platinum ring with black agate and diamonds by Ofira.
- Heather Morris: Platinum and diamond stud earrings, and bracelet by Kwiat.
- Cheryl Hines: Platinum and diamond bracelet (37 carats) by Chopard.
- Jenna Fisher: Platinum and natural rough diamond ring (45.61 carats) by Diamond In The Rough.
- Keri Russell: Platinum jewelry by Cathy Waterman.
- Jennifer Carpenter: Two platinum and diamonds bracelets, and drop earrings by Martin Katz.
- Connie Britton: Platinum and diamond earrings, lariat necklace, and cocktail ring by Neil Lane.
- Holland Taylor: Platinum and diamond earrings (9 carats) by Chopard.
About Platinum Jewelry
Platinum is the ideal choice for bridal and fashion jewelry because it holds diamonds and precious gemstones more securely than any other metal. It is not only the highest quality metal, but its density makes it one of the most durable and enduring precious metals. Platinum is also naturally white, unlike white gold, which means it will not cast any tint onto a diamond or gemstone, allowing the stone's genuine color to sparkle brightly. Platinum is also pure and hypoallergenic, making it ideal for sensitive skin.
To learn more about platinum jewelry and to view jewelry styles at a variety of price points, please visit www.preciousplatinum.com.
SOURCE Platinum Guild International