LAS VEGAS, April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SUITEWORLD 2017 -- Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit (GBU), the industry's leading provider of cloud financials / ERP, HR and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced that PODS Enterprises, LLC, the leading provider of portable container-based moving and storage solutions, chose NetSuite SuiteSuccess to support its business expansion. PODS will be using NetSuite to manage mission-critical business processes including financials, inventory management, multi-subsidiary management for 16 subsidiaries and multi-currency management for the U.S., Canadian and Australian dollars. SuiteSuccess is the culmination of a multi-year transformation effort to combine the NetSuite unified suite, 20 years of industry leading practices, a new customer engagement model, and business optimization methods into a unified, industry cloud solution. SuiteSuccess is NetSuite's new purpose-built, unified cloud solution tailored for each industry.
"I was amazed how closely NetSuite worked with us to ensure we had good process alignment with the fewest possible gaps," said Bill Tingle, CIO of PODS. "We need to get a system up and running quickly to meet our strategic objectives and SuiteSuccess seems to fit the bill perfectly."
PODS transformed the moving business when it invented the concept of portable storage in 1998 and now counts a network of more than 170,000 PODS storage containers and 230 PODS Storage Centers in North America alone. In 2016, leadership reevaluated the business and IT strategy and determined the need to move onto a new software platform to support the company's growth and development plans moving forward. After a rigorous evaluation process, PODS selected NetSuite OneWorld for its flexible platform, strong partner ecosystem and its commitment to customer success.
"Before we had even made the decision to purchase NetSuite, they had a detailed engagement plan with very specific steps on how we would implement the solution," said Tingle. "We felt comfortable knowing we wouldn't be starting from scratch and would have a robust solution with NetSuite's years of experience baked into the product."
PODS is using SuiteSuccess to ensure a successful deployment of NetSuite OneWorld across its 16 subsidiaries and a complex franchise model with 230 PODS Storage Centers. NetSuite OneWorld will give PODS a flexible, scalable system for growth. With support for 190 currencies, 20 languages, automated tax compliance in more than 100 countries, and transactions in more than 200 countries.
SuiteSuccess was engineered to solve unique industry challenges that historically have limited a company's ability to grow, scale and adapt to change. Most ERP vendors have tried to solve the industry solution problem with templates, rapid implementation methodologies, and custom code. NetSuite took a holistic approach to the problem and productized domain knowledge, leading practices, KPI's, and an agile approach to product adoption. The benefits of this are faster time to value, increased business efficiency, flexibility, and greater customer success.
For more information about SuiteSuccess, please visit: http://www.netsuite.com/portal/services/suitesuccess.shtml
Other expected features and benefits include:
- Rapid deployment. Backed by SuiteSuccess, PODS expects to launch NetSuite OneWorld in less than three months, a huge difference from its experience with the previous system that took nearly four years.
- A powerful development platform. The SuiteCloud development platform provides unprecedented flexibility that enables businesses to tailor the system to meet their unique requirements and industry-specific needs.
- A robust partner ecosystem. NetSuite's wide array of partner solutions will allow PODS to extend NetSuite to meet its current and future business needs. PODS plans to leverage NetSuite's comprehensive partner ecosystem for solutions in warehouse management, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) integration and financial planning.
- Centralized order and inventory management. NetSuite OneWorld can provide real-time inventory visibility across the business for better forecasting and optimization of more than 170,000 PODS containers moving throughout North America.
- Built-in business intelligence. With NetSuite OneWorld, PODS will have real-time insights into key business performance indicators for a unified view of the organization and a single version of truth.
- A highly scalable system for growth. NetSuite's scalable infrastructure will enable PODS to easily expand to support growing business volumes.
Bill Tingle is sharing PODS' story at SuiteWorld 2017, the number one cloud ERP event of the year, this year being held in Las Vegas from April 24-27. Watch all keynotes live here.
About PODS Enterprises, LLC
PODS® is a leader in the moving and storage industry providing both residential and commercial services in 46 U.S. states, Canada, Australia and the UK. Founded in 1998, PODS pioneered the portable moving and storage industry now preferred by many customers' increasingly active and mobile lifestyles. To date, the PODS network has completed more than 700,000 long-distance moves, exceeded 3 million deliveries and has more than 170,000 PODS containers in service.
About Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit
Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution in 1998, establishing the world's first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the internet. Today, Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), HR and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of companies in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.netsuite.com.
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pods-turns-to-netsuite-suitesuccess-to-fuel-its-global-operations-300445338.html
SOURCE Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit