NEW YORK, Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Use this report to:
- Review business opportunities in the thriving near-patient testing market.
- Learn about the impact of chronic diseases, growing and aging populations.
- Receive information about current product suppliers and some of their technologies.
- Gain insight into technology patent trends relating to testing processes.
- The global point of care (POC) diagnostics market was valued at nearly $16.8 billion and $18.0 billion in 2014 and 2015, respectively. This market is expected to grow from $19.3 billion in 2016 to $28.3 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.0% for 2016-2021.
- The North American POC diagnostics market is expected to grow from nearly $9.7 billion in 2016 to $14.2 billion in 2021 at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2016 through 2021.
- The European POC diagnostics market is expected to grow from $4.8 billion in 2016 to nearly $7.1 billion at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2016 through 2021.
Introduction & Scope
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goal of this study on the point-of-care (POC) industry is to describe and review business opportunities in the thriving near-patient testing market. This report provides
a complete review and analysis of the current POC markets, and forecasts the market through 2021 in constant U.S. dollars. In addition, it provides an examination and
description of select products, current and emerging technologies, and company profiles. The study also covers issues regarding regulation of POC testing, international
developments and patents for POC testing technologies.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
Over the last few decades, there has been a strong trend toward POC testing due to an increasing demand for near-patient testing that provides rapid results. More tests are
being performed at the hospital patient's bedside, in physicians' office laboratories, outpatient clinics, emergency rooms and intensive-care units. Critical-care instruments
combining selected important chemistry, hematology and hemostasis parameters have entered the market for POC testing in emergency and operating rooms. The wider availability of POC testing has revolutionized the continuum of the patient-care process by providing laboratory results rapidly and efficiently at these locations. The trend toward greater POC testing is driven by the faster diagnostic benefits it provides.
The heightened awareness of testing and identifying treatment targets via diagnostics tests has strengthened the role of POC tests in the health field. Using both diagnostics
and treatments as a combination have been important advancements to optimal health treatment. Several reasons have emerged for this demand of POC testing, including staff shortages, older populations, long-term cost savings, faster diagnosis and care, and rural locations without conventional laboratory services. This study will address these areas and others.
CONTRIBUTION OF THE STUDY AND FOR WHOM
The intended audience includes all the stakeholders of the near-patient diagnostic testng market: diagnostic test manufacturing companies, medical supply vendors,
hospitals, physician offices and groups, development companies and other involved participants. This includes mostly manufacturers, suppliers, technology providers, and
research and development (R&D) companies. With its broad scope and in-depth analyses, this study will prove to be a valuable resource to anyone involved with or interested in the development of diagnostics test to the POC segment of the health industry. This study will provide information on these areas:
- Structure and current l market size of the POC market as outlined with forecasts through 2021.
- Impact of chronic diseases, growing and aging populations.
- Current product suppliers and some of their technologies.
- A look at the diagnostic testing industry and trends affecting the market.
- Markets by each segment provide a global overview showing market data for the U.S., Europe Asia and the rest of the world.
- Technology patent trends relating to testing processes.
- Profiles for companies in the industry with significant contributions and market shares.
Since the study provides business and technical information of a timely nature, it will prove valuable to a variety of readers, including industry executives, managers and
planners, purchasers, industry analysts and investors. The projections, forecasts and trend analyses found in this report provide readers with the necessary data and information for careful decision-making and what products will best meet the needs of the POC segment.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This study will describe the market for POC diagnostics at the global level. It focuses on the accelerating growth in this important diagnostic market segment and the key
industry players. Specifically, the report:
- Describes the POC industry.
- Estimates the current and future market size.
- Provides breakdowns for U.S. markets.
- Describes product segments and the continuous updating of POC products.
- Analyzes market influences in the industry and predicts the changes that will shape the future POC market.
- Discusses trends within the market and provides a future outlook.
- Reviews business activities of market leaders.
- Lists patents for POC technologies.
For the purpose of this study, POC testing includes those tests that are used outside the traditional laboratory. This can be a range of users, including patients, physicians,
outpatient clinics, community health centers and pharmacies. Tests included in this report are those that do not require any specialized training to perform, are performed
easily and with results that are produced in a minimal time frame. Some other terms often used to describe POC include:
- Waived tests.
- Rapid tests.
- Near-patient testing.
- Bedside testing.
- Outpatient testing.
The information for this BCC Research report was obtained through primary and secondary data-collection methods. Primary methods included interviews with key
representatives in the industry such as product development managers, clinical specialists, government departments and other key representatives involved in the
diagnostic industry. Secondary methods included published literature, investment reports, company literature and various business journals that focus on diagnostic products and technologies.
Market data for this report pertains to the global market, with specific U.S. data included. All information is displayed using U.S. dollars at the manufacturers' level. The
base year of the report is 2016, with historical data provided for 2014 and 2015 and forecast data provided through 2021. Historical, base year and forecast data are
provided for each of the 10 market segments in the report. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are determined through a compilation of data, including past trends,
future trends, demographics, incidence of disease, products in research and development, current product growth and trends in government regulations. Competitor market share estimates are provided for each market segment for the 2016 base year.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04316846-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/point-of-care-diagnostics-bcc-research-300362487.html