LONDON, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Increasing demand from transportation, protective clothing, and industrial applications to drive the polymer coated fabrics market"
The global polymer coated fabrics market is estimated to reach USD 17.38 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 26.92 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2016 to 2026. The market is largely driven by the increased demand from end-use applications such as transportation, protective clothing, industrial, among others. The major restraint is the use of solvents in the production of polymer coated fabrics, which is a major source of Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) and is considered environmentally unsafe.
"Transportation is the fastest-growing market for polymer coated fabrics"
Polymer coated fabrics, due to their rot-proof, dirt & oil-repellent, mildew resistant, water resistant, and UV resistant properties, have a high demand in the transportation application. Polymer coated fabrics are appropriate for a wide range of automotive end-use applications such as interiors, exteriors, air bags, seat belts, and truck tarpaulins & covers, boat seating, boat topping, rafts, and kayaks.
"Asia-Pacific to lead the market during the forecast period"
The growing demand for polymer coated fabrics is driving the polymer coated fabrics market in the Asia-Pacific region. The market is driven by the increased demand from China and India, and China is the largest market in the region. There is a growing demand from the oil & gas, transportation, roofing, awning & canopies applications in the region. This growing demand is driving the polymer coated fabrics market in the region.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for the several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted. The break-up of these interviews is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 (31%), Tier 2 (46%), and Tier 3 (23%).
- By Designation: C-level (46%), Director Level (27%), and others (27%)
- By Region: Asia-Pacific (24%), North America (24%), Europe (29%), Latin America (14%), and Middle East & Africa (9%).
Various key players profiled in the report include SRF Limited (India), Trelleborg AB (Sweden), Spradling International Inc. (U.S.), Industrial Sedo S.L. (Spain), Serge Ferrari Group (France), Saint-Gobain SA (Switzerland), Sioen Industries NV (Belgium), OMNOVO Solutions Inc. (U.S.), Continental AG (Germany), Takata Corporation (Japan), Low & Bonar PLC (London), Heytex Bramsche GmbH (Germany), Dickson Constant (France), Seaman Corporation (U.S.), The Haartz Corporation (U.S.), Spradling International Inc. (U.S.), Morbern Inc. (Canada), Uniroyal Engineered Products LLC. (U.S.), Verseidag-Indutex GmbH (Germany), Obeikan Technical Fabrics Co. Ltd. (Saudi Arabia), Cooley Group Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), and Mount Vernon Mills, Inc. (U.S.).
The report segments the global polymer coated fabrics market on the basis of product, application, and region. The major types covered in the report are vinyl coated fabrics, PU coated fabrics and PE coated fabrics. The applications include transportation, protective clothing, industrial, roofing, awnings, & canopies, and furniture & seating. The market is also segmented on the basis of regions, namely, Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Reasons to buy this report:
This research report is focused on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the overall views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the polymer coated fabrics market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on polymer coated fabrics offered by the top players in the global polymer coated fabrics market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the global polymer coated fabrics market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for polymer coated fabrics across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global polymer coated fabrics market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global polymer coated fabrics market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4430749/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/polymer-coated-fabrics-market-by-product-application---global-forecast-to-2026-300375816.html