CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Polymer Group, Inc. (PGI) today unveiled Everist™ brand filtration media, the next answer in high efficiency filtration, at the INDA Filtration2014 International Conference & Exposition in Baltimore. This nanofiber-based technology offers enhanced mechanical efficiency, low pressure drops and excellent dirt holding capacity, making it the ideal solution for companies in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) or other industries reliant on high efficiency filtration media. The launch of Everist media represents a significant step in PGI's strategic growth in filtration as the company continues to provide global customers with the most innovative and highest quality specialty materials possible.
Whether it's HVAC providers for critical environments, gas turbine manufacturers or other users of high efficiency materials, these companies require the best-performing filtration media to meet their demands. PGI's Everist technology exceeds these demands while outperforming traditional mechanical media in multiple key areas. These are:
- Enhanced Efficiency: Everist media provides a higher initial efficiency and the same mechanical efficiency as glass, while providing the same initial efficiency and a higher discharge efficiency vs. synthetics.
- Low Pressure Drops: The nanofiber-based technology in Everist media provides half the pressure drop of glass media and is similar to electrostatically-charged synthetics.
- Excellent Dirt Holding Capacity: PGI's Everist media doubles the dirt holding capacity of synthetic composites and has a similar capacity to glass.
- Best-in-Class Processing: Everist media pleats on both rotary and blade pleaters and can be sonically welded.
- High Durability and Sustainability: This new technology is both more durable than glass and greener than traditional media.
The launch of Everist high efficiency filtration media represents the culmination of recent investments in PGI's state-of-the-art Waynesboro, VA, manufacturing facility. These investments and the subsequent introduction of the Everist portfolio make PGI's filtration segment one of the strongest in the industry.
"For years PGI has served as a global leader in filtration, and the launch of Everist marks a critical step in our strategy for growth both in this market and in our overall business," said Scott Tracey, President, North America & Global Wipes and Technical Specialties, PGI. "We are excited to introduce this innovative, high efficiency filtration media to the market, as it outperforms traditional mechanical and synthetic composite media. In the months to come, we will execute a strategic growth plan that includes bringing the Everist technology to filtration customers across the globe."
Click here to learn more about PGI's global commitment to providing superior specialty materials that enable customers to create a safer, cleaner, healthier world.
PGI is a global, technology-driven developer, producer and marketer of specialty materials, and the world's leading producer of nonwovens. With 24 locations in 14 countries, an employee base of approximately 5,000 employees and the broadest range of process technologies in the nonwovens industry, PGI is a global supplier to leading consumer and industrial product manufacturers. PGI's manufacturing facilities are strategically located near many key customers, working closely with them to provide engineered solutions to meet increasing demand for more sophisticated products.
SOURCE Polymer Group, Inc.