LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Polypropylene copolymer is a type of plastic formed by the polymerization of propylene in the presence of a catalyst and a monomer.
It is a colorless, translucent to transparent solid with a glossy surface and some exceptional properties like low specific gravity, high stiffness and high-temperature resistance to chemicals, good process ability via injection molding and extrusion, low moisture absorption rate, etc. It is one of the most versatile thermoplastic polymers and finds applications in packaging, automotive, injection molding, thermoforming, blow molding etc.
Here are some key findings of the study:
· The global polypropylene copolymer market is currently being driven by an increasing demand for these polymers in packaging, electrical and automotive industries.
· This market has grown at a CAGR of around 4% during 2009-2016.
The report has segmented the global polypropylene copolymer market on the basis of end-use:
· Rigid packaging represents the dominant segment and accounts for nearly 30% of the total global consumption.
· Rigid packaging is followed by textiles, technical parts, films and consumer products.
The report has also segmented the market on the basis of key regions:
· Asia represents the biggest consumer accounting for nearly half of the total global consumption.
· Asia is followed by North & South America and Europe.
· Based on the analysis of global export and import data, the report finds that China represents the largest importer of polypropylene copolymer accounting for around 16% of the global import values.
· China is followed by Germany, Italy, Turkey and Mexico.
· Belgium represents the largest exporter accounting for around 14% of the total global export values.
· Belgium is followed by Republic of Korea, Singapore and the United States.
The report has also analyzed the key players:
· Lyondell Basell currently represents the world's biggest producer of polypropylene copolymer and accounts for around 10% of the total global capacity.
· Lyondell Basell is followed by Sinopec Group, Braskem Group, SABIC and PetroChina Group.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/polypropylene-copolymer-market-witnessed-growth-of-4-from-2009-to-2016-300458034.html