AMES, Iowa, July 31, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- PowerFilm, Inc., a manufacturer of high-quality, thin-film solar products located in the United States, announces its launch of a Kickstarter crowd funding campaign to produce the HelioVault. The project is scheduled to go live on Kickstarter at 10:00 a.m. Central Time and includes a number of rewards for early bird funders. The launch of the Kickstarter campaign coincides with the company's presentation of a new line of products to be unveiled at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market from August 5th through August 8th in Salt Lake City, Utah, including their new LightSaver line of solar power systems. Individuals interested in these products will find them available for viewing at PowerFilm's booth BR727, located in the ball room of the Salt Palace. Select members of the media will get a sneak peak of PowerFilm's latest innovations in a pre-show event taking place the evening of August 4th.
The HelioVault is the world's first mobile, high-capacity, portable power bank designed from the ground up by solar experts with efficiency as a priority in order users with maximum power. The major features of the Helio Vault include:
* 96% Efficient Maximum Power Point Tracking Charge Controller - because every milliwatt generated matters.
* ExtendedSurge™ inverter opens up new horizons in mobile power by delivering up to 1000W for 10 minutes and 500W continuous output.
* 4 USB, 3 12V DC, and 2 120V AC ExtendedSurge™ outputs all with over 90% efficiency provide nearly unlimited versatility and guarantee maximum end-to-end efficiency.
* LiFePO4 batteries maximize the cycle life of the batteries ensuring thousands of full depth discharges of system translating to years of lifetime backed up by a 5 year battery warranty.
* The HelioVault is expandable, starting at 200Wh and going up to 1kWh with easy to handle 200Wh power packs - each one of which comes with extra USB outputs Weighing in at only 15lbs for the base unit and under 30 fully loaded with 1kWh of battery capacity the HelioVault is power at its most portable.
PowerFilm's thin-film flexible solar panels are a perfect complement to the Helio Vault, providing a continuous source of energy for immediate use or to be stored for later, making it ideal for use in remote areas where power is limited or non-existent.
Frank Jeffrey, CEO and Founder of PowerFilm, Inc, shared his team's thoughts on the HelioVault, "We are all excited to have created a new, highly portable solar power system which can provide enough power to drive common electrical equipment that previously would have required line power or a gas generator."
To learn more about the HelioVault and the Kickstarter campaign, visit the HelioVault Kickstarter funding page. To learn more about PowerFilm and their thin-film flexible solar panels, contact Julia Stone at 515-292-7606 Ext. 116, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.powerfilmsolar.com.
PowerFilm, Inc. is a developer and manufacturer of thin, flexible solar panels based on a proprietary production process. The company's objective is to target portable and remote solar power applications and the government and military markets. PowerFilm is focused on creation of complete solar solutions using select partner organizations in markets that possess the branding and distribution to drive products to market. PowerFilm is based in Ames, Iowa, United States.
PowerFilm was founded in 1988 by Dr. Frank Jeffrey and Dr. Derrick Grimmer, both former 3M research physicists, with a combined 65 years of experience in semiconductor and solar energy research and development.
SOURCE PowerFilm, Inc.