TEL AVIV, Israel, July 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Since going live in 2012, Preen.Me has quickly become one of the largest global beauty platforms, as well as a growing, influential and viral community of beauty users. Now, Preen.Me expands its reach and its peer-to-peer beauty authority with the unveiling of the official Preen.Me Blog. With access to a library of content -- over 20,000 looks from Preen.Me's 1.6+ million fans and 5,000+ makeup artist members -- the Blog is intended to be a creative space where Preen.Me editors present timely stories that reflect popular content from the Preen.Me platform.
Preen.Me's overarching goal is to offer its members personalized product recommendations based on crowdsourcing and the user's social media graph, delivering a more holistic way to buy beauty better. Through a simple search of the Preen.Me content database – i.e., mascara – results give members the ability to compare cosmetic products at different price points, across brands, all in one place. The key: peer recommendations, personal experiences, and in some cases, a how-to video tutorial.
Without compromising the community experience, Preen.Me plans to roll out a number of collaborations with select partners, which will provide value both to the brands and the users. Brands will have direct access to a large, highly engaged community, 100% of whom are passionate about beauty. Preen.Me's advanced database will provide brands with unprecedented information regarding actual product usage, price sensitivity and more, enhancing their ability to connect with customers and new trends.
Preen.Me, founded by CEO Tamar Yaniv & COO Haggai Klorman, began as a Facebook page – Beauty Addicts. As the page grew in fans and posts became viral on a daily basis, Preen.Me launched its official website in June 2012. A Preen.Me platform snapshot:
- Geographically focused on the U.S., with 81% of engagement coming from this market.
- Engages 7-8 million monthly users across all channels, which is five to ten times higher than that of many household names in the global beauty industry.
- Facebook Beauty Addicts has 1.6+ million fans. 82% are in the 18-44 year old age range.
- On average, Preen.Me posts on Facebook receive almost 4,000 likes, nearly 400 shares and reach 150,000+ people.
- New, unique satellite Facebook pages dedicated to specific beauty themes provide targeted content around users' top beauty interests and have built up engagement rates 25% on the micro pages.