LONDON, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The administration of therapeutic drugs via injection is an indispensable delivery method for numerous drugs critical to patient health and well-being. Now this segment is evolving in response to changing patient populations, new classes of powerful therapeutic drugs and healthcare administration initiatives. Population demographics and efforts by managed care providers to control healthcare costs are driving the growth in drug self-administration, particularly for chronic conditions, introducing a new class of naïve users to parenteral drug delivery.
For Fill-and-Finish contractors, market proximity is an important competitive factor. As the use of prefilled syringes continues to grow, the issue of prefilled syringe safety has received increased attention, with both integrated prefillable safety syringes and safety solutions designed to accommodate existing prefillable syringes advancing commercially. This report analyzes eleven important prefilled syringe therapeutic segments and examines key regulatory, economic and competitive factors that represent potential barriers to commercial success.
What You Will Learn
- What drugs are supplied in prefilled syringes, what are the drug + device specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded prefilled syringe suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
- What are the major factors driving prefilled syringe demand?
- What is the importance of industry collaborations on commercial success and what are the specifics of these partnerships and alliances
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for prefilled injectable drug products?
- What are prefilled device categories that compete with prefilled syringes and what is their market share?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for prefilled syringes?
Re-engineering Patient Therapeutics
Syringes that can be prefilled on standard fill-and-finish lines have had a dramatic effect on the way injectable drugs are developed, prescribed and administered. This segment is evolving in response to changing patient populations, new classes of powerful therapeutic drugs and healthcare administration initiatives. Population demographics and efforts by managed care providers to control healthcare costs are driving the growth in drug self-administration, particularly for chronic conditions, introducing a new class of naïve users to parenteral drug delivery.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumercompatible form of packaging and application.
- Drug Developers
- Device Suppliers
- Clinical Trial Mgmt
- Pharma Managers
- Biotech Managers
- Drug Marketers
- Industry Strategists
- Financial Analysts
- Clinical Managers
- Drug Distributors
- Pharma Regulators
- FDA Consultants
- Managed Care Managers
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4407803/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/prefilled-syringes-in-2017--beyond-300426480.html