SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The prenatal vitamin supplement market size is expected to reach USD 673.8 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 8.6% over the forecast period. Prenatal vitamin supplements comprise vitamins, calcium, iron, folic acid, and other minerals as compared to regular adult multivitamins. Rising awareness among pregnant women is one of the major factors driving the market. Improper nutrition to the baby, rise in other birth defects, and increasing awareness regarding the advantages of the prenatal supplements are some of the other factors driving the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By product form, capsules dominated the market with a revenue of USD 200.0 million in 2018. Gummy is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period
- North America dominated the global market in 2018, accounting for 53.1% share of the overall revenue. This trend is projected to continue over the next few years
- The industry is highly competitive in nature with the major players including Garden of Life and Church & Dwight Co. Inc.
- Various manufacturers are focusing on new product launches, capacity expansion, and product portfolio extension to estimate existing and future demand patterns from upcoming application segments.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Prenatal Vitamin Supplement Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Form (Capsules, Powder, Gummy), By Distribution Channel, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/prenatal-vitamin-supplement-market
The stressful and sedentary lifestyle of pregnant women has led to the increase in deficiency of minerals and vitamins among them. A healthy diet and consumption of right amount of nutritional components are of utmost importance right from the time of conception, in order to ensure the delivery of a healthy baby. At present, almost all obstetricians in U.S. recommend these supplements to pregnant women. A study by the UC Davis MIND Institute has claimed that the women who were observed not taking daily prenatal immediately before and during the first month of pregnancy were likely to have a child with an autism spectrum disorder, which is twice the rate as that of women who consumed the supplements.
The capsules segment held the largest market share in 2018. This is attributed to doctors' preference for prescribing capsules due to their long shelf life, thereby fueling the demand for capsules. Moreover, advancements in technologies ease out procedures of filling capsules, thus making it a preference among the manufacturers as well. Increasing launch of prenatal vitamin capsules is another factor for the growth of the capsule segment. Increasing disposable income in the developing countries of Asia Pacific is resulting in consumer's preference for bulk purchases at the supermarkets.
North America held the largest share of 53.1% in 2018. High level of sedentary lifestyle among the women of western countries is leading to the growth of market. Europe is anticipated to witness significant growth in the coming years. Countries such as India and China have remained adamant in developing a healthy mechanism for maternal care.
Key players having a strong presence in the global market include Country Life LLC; Garden of Life Inc.; MegaFood; Biotics Research Corporation; Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems Inc.; Church & Dwight Co. Inc.; New Chapter, Inc.; and Abbott Nutrition.
Grand View Research has segmented the global prenatal vitamin supplements market on the basis of product form, distribution channel, and region:
- Prenatal Vitamin Supplements Product Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Prenatal Vitamin Supplements Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- Supermarket & Drug Store
- Online Platform
- Prenatal Vitamin Supplements Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Consumer F&B Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Meal Replacement Products Market– High prevalence of obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases among others is expected to propel consumer awareness regarding weight loss and weight management diets, which in turn, will drive the demand.
- Caramel Ingredients Market – The caramel ingredients market is mainly driven by a booming convenience food industry, rise in disposable income of consumers, and widespread urbanization, especially in developing economies.
- Watermelon Seeds Market – Rising cases of obesity and related health problems including coronary heart disease due to unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyle will boost the product demand.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.