HARTLAND, Wis., June 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- As fire threats arise, Californians could lose power at any moment without warning during wildfire season. Beginning in June and continuing through December, the state's largest power companies plan to shut off high-risk powerlines when fire threats arise — affecting millions of households throughout the state. Batteries Plus Bulbs recommends residents prepare for extended power outages or necessary evacuations in case of fires.
"These black outs could last for days or weeks, leaving millions of Californians in a vulnerable position," said Shawn Budiac, vice president of category management at Batteries Plus Bulbs. "With frequent power outages becoming the new normal, we at Batteries Plus Bulbs can help Californians prepare their houses with back-up power and emergency-preparedness tools. We also want to help everyone feel ready for a smooth and quick evacuation in case one is necessary."
Batteries Plus Bulbs recommends proactively planning for outages or fire threats in order to protect homes, families and businesses. Top safety precautions include:
- Extra batteries, back-up generator batteries and power inverters — which can be used to run a variety of electronic devices off a car's battery
- An emergency preparedness kit that includes battery-powered flashlights and push button lights, power bank chargers, extra water, nonperishable foods and blankets
- A battery-powered weather radio with tone alert to stay informed about fire updates and evacuation instructions announced by local authorities
- Extra batteries for medical devices, wheelchairs, and other mobility and health essentials
- Frequent car battery checks as well as spare key FOBs and booster cables for quick and safe evacuations
Residents can visit their local Batteries Plus Bulbs for assistance and tips on preparing for power outages and wildfire evacuations. For more information, store hours or to find the nearest Batteries Plus Bulbs, visit www.batteriesplus.com.
About Batteries Plus Bulbs:
Batteries Plus Bulbs, founded in 1988 and headquartered in Hartland, WI, is a leading omni channel retailer of batteries, specialty light bulbs and phone repair services for the direct-to-consumer and commercial channels. The retailer also offers key programming, replacement and cutting services. Through a nationwide network of stores, the company offers a differentiated value proposition of unrivaled product selection, in-stock availability and customer service. Batteries Plus Bulbs is owned by Freeman Spogli, a private equity firm based in Los Angeles and New York City. For additional information, visit www.batteriesplus.com.
SOURCE Batteries Plus Bulbs