SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, Calif., Jan. 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Prevo Health Solutions is proud to recognize the Top 10 "America's Healthiest Clubs" for 2014.
- Ocean Reef Club - Key Largo, FL. Paul Astbury President
- Woodfield Country Club - Boca Raton, FL. Eben Molloy General Manager
- Bethesda Country Club – Bethesda, MD. Brad Cance General Manager
- Broken Sound Club - Boca Raton, FL. John Crean General Manager
- The Reserve Club - Indian Wells, CA. Craig Surdy General Manager
- Desert Highlands Golf Club – Scottsdale, AZ. Terra Waldron General Manager
- The Landings Club – Savannah, GA. Steven Freund Executive Director
- The Club at Mediterra– Naples, FL. Tom Wallace III General Manager
- John's Island Club - Vero Beach, FL. Brian Kroh General Manager
- Palo Alto Hills Golf & Country Club - Palo Alto, CA. Dirk Zander General Manager
America's Healthiest Club distinction requires an on-site evaluation where clubs are evaluated across five equally rated categories: Fitness, Nutrition, Staff, Members and Facilities. Upon qualifying, the club receives a Health Score™ and a detailed evaluation (Health Report™) that serves as a 'playbook' for current and future strategies.
Ocean Reef Club continues to improve employee wellness programming and moved up from second place in 2013 to first place in 2014. Woodfield, Bethesda and Broken Sound tied for second place by making continued improvements to their employee wellness programs.
The Landings Club, a newcomer in 2014, edged out The Club at Mediterra with its comprehensive L.E.A.F. (Life Extension and Fulfillment) initiative. Steven Freund, Executive Director of The Landings Club, and his team of passionate team members offers nearly 100 "clubs-within-the-club" in conjunction with the Skidaway Island Community. Together they offer biking, hiking, walking and other activity based activities to help members and employees get active.
The top 10 clubs shared five things in common, in order of importance.
- Leaders have a written Strategic Wellness Plan and Mission Statement
- Vision to move from a Fitness mentality to a Wellness and Life-Enhancement philosophy
- Farm-to-Table program that focuses on local, seasonal and organic foods
- Collaboration among department heads to create relevant programming and activities
- Financial commitment to Employee Health & Wellness
"Private Clubs that have embraced wellness as a strategy have seen an increase in member usage and have become more relevant with the members, while at the same time, wellness has been an effective strategy to lower employee health insurance costs, improve productivity and reduce absenteeism," says Rick Ladendorf, President of Prevo Health Solutions. Our mission is to share best-practices and to improve the overall health and well-being of club members and the workforce.
About PREVO HEALTH SOLUTIONS:
Prevo Health Solutions, Inc. is the club industry's premier wellness experts and Executive Producer of the America's Healthiest Club certification. Rick Ladendorf can be reached at 888-321-1804, Email or www.prevohealth.com.
SOURCE Prevo Health Solutions