BALTIMORE, June 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Prime Outlets, a portfolio of 21 outlet shopping destinations across the U.S., announced today it has joined forces with the American Cancer Society to promote the organization's Choose You movement, a campaign to help motivate women to prioritize their health and engage in lifestyle behaviors that can help reduce their cancer risk.
The nationwide effort, which kicked off on May 4, is designed to shine a spotlight on a sobering statistic: one in three women will get cancer in her lifetime. As part of the Choose You movement, women are encouraged to sign a Choose You Commitment, an online pledge to reach a specific, individual health goal. According to the Society, about half of all cancer deaths could be prevented if people maintained a healthy weight through diet and regular exercise; avoided tobacco products; and underwent recommended cancer screening tests.
Prime Retail's Senior Vice President of Marketing Karen E. Fluharty says that Prime Outlets partnered with the organization to encourage women to take a step in the right direction by making a commitment to a healthier lifestyle.
"We know how difficult it can be for busy women to take care of themselves when they are often putting the needs of their families before their own," said Fluharty. "We partnered with the American Cancer Society to help empower women with our Fashionably Fit tips that are designed to inspire and educate them to make healthy lifestyle choices."
Knowing that many women often have little time to care for their own health, Prime Outlets offers a list of essential workout wear to take the guesswork out of proper exercise apparel. After all, wearing improper workout attire can lead to a less-effective workout.
To achieve the best workout possible, follow Prime Outlets' Fashionably Fit tips to a healthier lifestyle.
- Stylin' Sneaks: It's easy to look stylish in stilettos, wedges and kitten heels, but athletic shoes can be fashionable, too! Make sure your sneakers offer the proper support to prevent injury during your workout. Flaunt a sturdy tennis or basketball shoe when you hit the courts and chose a lighter shoe with breathable material for walking and running.
- Sport Support: One of the most important workout essentials, a sports bra can make or break a good workout. Look for a sports bra in a breathable, water-resistant material that fits your body comfortably and separates, supports and wicks sweat away.
- Workout Warmth: Physically fit fashionistas will be ready for anything with a sporty warm-up jacket. Look for a cropped jacket with 3/4-inch sleeves for a hip, edgy look or one that's long-sleeved and hooded for extra comfort and warmth. Whichever you choose, be sure to always keep a lightweight, waterproof jacket in your gym bag for chilly days and unexpected wind and rain.
- Stretch Style: Available in a variety of styles and colors, yoga pants are a necessity for your workout wardrobe and will keep you looking sporty chic for Pilates and yoga classes as well as regular trips to the gym. Choose a long, boot cut pant, a fitted legging or cropped design, and mix and match them with your favorite workout top for added variety.
- Trendy Totes: Having the right gym bag is just as important as pairing an outfit with the perfect handbag or clutch. Brightly-colored, sporty bags are a hot trend that will take you, and all of your gear, to the gym or track in style. Be sure to pack your gym bag the night before with an iPod, water bottle and towel so you're always prepared for a healthy workout.
Prime Outlets properties across the country will sell Choose You pins through July 15 at Guest Services for $5 with all proceeds benefiting the American Cancer Society. To learn more about the Society's Choose You movement or to make a Choose You Commitment, visit www.ChooseYou.com.
About Prime Outlets
Headquartered in Baltimore, Md., Prime Outlets owns and operates 21 outlet shopping centers in the U.S. Spanning more than 8.2 million square feet throughout major United States markets, Prime Outlets is home to more than 400 leading designer and name-brands such as Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Burberry, kate spade, Michael Kors, St. John, Juicy Couture, Stuart Weitzman, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH and Neiman Marcus Last Call. The company's retail outlets serve major markets including Orlando, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Austin/San Antonio, Texas and Williamsburg, Va., among many more. The company currently has two new ground-up projects in development: Prime Outlets – Grand Prairie, serving the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area, and Prime Outlets – Livermore Valley, serving the San Francisco Bay region. For more information, please visit www.primeoutlets.com. On December 8, 2009, the company entered into a definitive agreement with Simon Property Group to acquire its portfolio of outlet center properties.
SOURCE Prime Outlets