SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises and Fathom Travel – two of 10 leading brands from Carnival Corporation, the world's largest cruise company (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE: CUK) – have announced six additional impact sailings, now to be known as Travel Deep sailings, in 2018 to the Caribbean. The new voyages follow a highly successful inaugural sailing in January onboard Crown Princess with more than 150 guests joining locals for in-depth immersion into island life, a connection with local communities, a donation drop, and community care, making a tangible difference in their lives.
These unique group opportunities allow Princess Cruises guests to make an impact while traveling and provide assistance and support to local communities in a variety of ways such as on-shore opportunities to deeply connect with those living on the islands of the Caribbean, and to realize the rewards of lending a helping hand to those in need. Due to the success of the first group sailing onboard Crown Princess, the following six additional dates have been added aboard seven-day Princess Cruises Caribbean cruises:
- Regal Princess, departing March 18, 2018 (previously announced) -- Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Fort Lauderdale
- Caribbean Princess, departing May 26, 2018 (previously announced) -- Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Fort Lauderdale
- Caribbean Princess, departing June 30, 2018 -- Fort Lauderdale, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel, Fort Lauderdale
- Caribbean Princess, departing July 28, 2018 -- Fort Lauderdale, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel, Fort Lauderdale
- Caribbean Princess, departing August 18, 2018 -- Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Fort Lauderdale
- Royal Princess, departing November 17, 2018 -- Fort Lauderdale, Princess Cays, San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Fort Lauderdale
"These additional Travel Deep group sailings allow us to offer our Princess Cruises guests more opportunities to make an impact within the communities in need while adding meaning and a deeper connection during their travels," said Tara Russell, Fathom president and Carnival Corporation global impact lead. "These purpose-driven groups allow travelers to get closer to the places we visit with a chance to come alongside local communities and have more authentic, immersive experiences with locals."
All Travel Deep group sailings include small group leaders and guides, unique onboard events and activities, as well as on-shore opportunities to deeply connect with those living on the islands of the Caribbean. Once booked, Princess Cruises guests who wish to take part e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to join the group, after which they receive onboard credits and special invitations to Fathom Travel programming.
Highlights of the inaugural eight-day Crown Princess sailing that visited Antiqua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Amber Cove in January included an in-depth immersion into island life, a connection with local communities, a donation drop, and community care – with optional activities including rebuilding, beach clean-up, reforestation and therapy through arts:
- In St. Thomas, the Fathom Travel group on Crown Princess handed out nearly $14,000 worth of baby items, purchased by travelers, to more than 200 young families from the island. In the afternoon, the group helped the local Boys & Girls Club, where they built game tables, repainted facilities and heard stories from local children.
- St. Maarten offered a clean-up at Guana Bay, a beach important to three species of sea turtles that nest on the island. More than 1.5 tons of trash was collected and removed. In addition, travelers visited the National Institute of Art, where they interacted with locals and supported their ART HEALS program through participation, and a donation of $1,500.
- At Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic, one group of 50 travelers took part in the construction of two homes by pouring concrete floors for families who lost their home during hurricanes. Another group of 50 travelers visited a local school and spent time visiting with students. Later, the group planted 400 seeds of mahogany and out-planted 90 seedlings.
Many of the repairs and aid were funded by donations made at https://www.youcaring.com/puertoplata-991506, where all proceeds went directly to rebuilding the Loma de la Bestia community in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. Those who cannot sail but still wish to offer support are encouraged to make donations online.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.
About Princess Cruises
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 17 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. As an award-winning destination leader offering international cruise vacations, Princess carries two million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 111 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE:CUK).
About Carnival Corporation & plc
Carnival Corporation & plc is the world's largest leisure travel company and among the most profitable and financially strong in the cruise and vacation industries, with a portfolio of 10 dynamic brands that include nine of the world's leading cruise lines. With operations in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, its portfolio features Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, P&O Cruises (Australia), P&O Cruises (UK), Cunard, AIDA Cruises and Costa Cruises, as well as Fathom, the corporation's immersion and enrichment experience brand.
Together, these brands operate 103 ships with 232,000 lower berths visiting over 700 ports around the world, with 19 new ships scheduled to be delivered between 2018 and 2022. Carnival Corporation & plc also operates Holland America Princess Alaska Tours, the leading tour company in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Traded on both the New York and London Stock Exchanges, Carnival Corporation & plc is the only group in the world to be included in both the S&P 500 and the FTSE 100 indices.
In 2017, Fast Company recognized Carnival Corporation as being among the "Top 10 Most Innovative Companies" in both the design and travel categories. Fast Company specifically recognized Carnival Corporation for its work in developing Ocean Medallion™, a high-tech wearable device that enables the world's first interactive guest experience platform capable of transforming vacation travel into a highly personalized and elevated level of customized service.
Additional information can be found on www.carnival.com, www.hollandamerica.com, www.princess.com, www.seabourn.com, www.pocruises.com.au, www.pocruises.com, www.cunard.com, www.aida.de, www.costacruise.com, and www.fathom.org.
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.
SOURCE Princess Cruises