SANTA CLARITA, Calif., April 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises has announced it will homeport four ships to ports in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific for the 2018-2019 season. Princess Cruises will introduce the 3,560-guest Majestic Princess to the market for its Inaugural Season, calling Australia home from September 2018 to March 2019. As the newest in the Princess fleet, Majestic Princess will sail itineraries from Sydney and Auckland on voyages from 6 to 13 days in length, and will call in ports at destinations including New Zealand, Tasmania, Fiji and other islands in the South Pacific.
"Australia and the entire South Pacific region has always had an allure as a magical place for travellers, and cruising is one of the best ways to explore this part of the world," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. "We are thrilled to introduce Majestic Princess, the newest jewel in the fleet to this beautiful region of the world."
On sale beginning April 26, 2017, four Princess ships will sail from six homeports on more than 95 departures with 50 unique itineraries to more than 70 destinations in 18 countries. Some of the sailings include:
- Majestic Princess will sail on a 19- and 22-day Asia & Australia voyage departing from Shanghai in March 2019.
- Guests have even more ways to explore the natural wonders of New Zealand with all four Princess ships sailing to the country's beautiful coastal landscapes on cruises ranging from 11- to 14-days.
- Sun Princess sails 13 roundtrip departures from Sydney to New Zealand, Fiji, Tasmania and Queensland, as well as an Asia & Australia voyage sailing 19 days from Hong Kong to Sydney.
- A maiden call to Moreton Island, which is located just off the Queensland coast and boasts to be one of the world's largest sand islands, is included on the 4-day Sun Princess Australia Getaway departing on January 5, 2019.
- Sea Princess will make maiden calls to the Conflict Islands on her 11-day Papua New Guinea itineraries sailing from Brisbane this season, giving guests more options for exploration.
- Longer cruise options on Sea Princess during the season include the full 28-day Round Australia which circumnavigates the continent as well as a popular 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific voyage sailing in April 2019.
To further enhance the cruise vacation experience, Princess Cruises will offer two cruisetours. The Australian Outback cruisetour immerses guests in Aboriginal culture while visiting two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock in Uluru National Park. The more extensive Ultimate Australia cruisetour includes Ayers Rock in the heart of the Outback, the Great Barrier Reef, the northern tropical city of Darwin, and Cairns.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at princess.com.
About Princess Cruises:
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise line and tour company operating a fleet of 18 modern cruise ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities, all provided with the experience of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess carries two million guests each year to more than 360 destinations around the globe on more than 150 itineraries ranging in length from three to 111 days. The company is part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL;NYSE:CUK).
Additional media information is available at princess.com/news.
SOURCE Princess Cruises