LOS ANGELES and LONDON, April 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Renowned biographer and commentator Andrew Morton today announced the launch of The Morton Report, an online entertainment news site that takes a deep dive into popular culture. In advance of Morton's coverage of the Royal Wedding for numerous media outlets worldwide and the widely anticipated release of his latest book, William & Catherine: Their Lives, Their Wedding, the site will launch with an insider's guide to the Royal Wedding, featuring exclusive footage of Andrew in the midst of the mayhem during the wedding week.
With guest writers and interviews with media personalities, notable figures and celebrities, as well as exclusive book excerpts and first-look videos, pop culture vultures will eat this right up. The Morton Report aims to be the one-stop shop for those hungry for a daily fix of pop culture news. The up-to-the-minute site features:
- The Morton Minute, a daily first-person perspective from Andrew himself on a juicy topic;
- Celebrities, insight into the famous and infamous, whether they hail from Buckingham Palace, Hollywood and Vine, or the shores of Jersey;
- Arts, features on the fine arts in all their finery;
- Entertainment, a refreshing take on film, music, television and everything in between;
- Home & Away, tactful and tasteful travel and fine living stories;
- Books, exclusive excerpts, reviews and interviews with today's best writers;
- and Discoveries, the unique investigation of popular science, emerging technologies, the weird and the spooky.
The Morton Report features an exciting line-up of talented contributors who will investigate, comment, research, explore or expose the pop culture zeitgeist, including celebrated pop culture arbiter Eric Olsen; veteran gossip columnist Dawn Olsen; TMR's executive editor and foodie critic Lisa McKay; entertainment correspondent Pat O'Brien; emotional health counselor Brooke Miller; Brit tabloid kitten and sex entrepreneur Emma Sayle; Michael K. of the uber-popular celeb gossip site DListed.com; British historian Christopher Lee; This Day in Music impresario Neil Cossar; style maven Lydia Morton; and many more.
Readers can join Andrew Morton for a live post-wedding chat on the site Sunday, May 1, 2011. Sign up to become a Morton Report insider and get access to bonus material, giveaways and priority 'seating' for Andrew's chats at themortonreport.com.
The Morton Report offers an intellectual take on the world's popular culture in easy-to-read news and commentary pieces with a fresh perspective from a multi-talented group of contributors. Go to themortonreport.com to get your fix. And don't forget to friend us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
William & Catherine: Their Lives, Their Wedding will be released in the UK on May 3 and in the U.S. on May 17, 2011.
Contact: Bronagh Hanley, Bronagh.firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-314-7262