DUBLIN, Dec. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qms5nf/a_product_and) has announced the addition of the "A Product and Pipeline Analysis of the Human Plasma-Derived Therapeutics Market" report to their offering.
The global human plasma-derived therapeutics market is expected to experience a surge in demand due to an increase in the awareness of diseases and therapeutic options. The plasma-derived therapeutics market is segmented into albumin, immunoglobulins, coagulation factors, and other haemotologicals.
The segments are discussed with supporting information on clinical trial timelines and results and historical and projected launch timelines. The report also focuses on the competitive landscape of both marketed and pipeline products and provides the market drivers and challenges.
- Rise in the global ageing population, increased awareness about the potential of plasma-derived therapeutics, early diagnosis of diseases, and the growing popularity of plasma-derived products in the emerging economies are the key factors driving the growth.
- However, there are significant challenges in handling the strict regulations of different countries with respect to selection of donors, plasma screening process, and fractionation process.
- In 2015, CSL Behring, Baxter, Grifols, Kedrion, and Octapharma were the top competitors; however, companies such as Sanquin are gaining ground quickly.
- The IVIG segment will continue to be the market driver because of the heavy R&D investment in biologics development by market leaders such as Grifols, Octapharma, and CSL Behring.
- A recent pre-clinical research study at Stanford University showed that blood plasma derived from young mice and injected into older mice rejuvenated the health and memory of the older mice.
- Several other studies like this one may open up new indications such as Alzheimer's disease and other age-related diseases for the human plasma-derived therapeutics market in the coming years.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Methodology and Scope
3. Market Background
4. Competitive Landscape
5. Marketed Product Analysis
6. Pipeline Product Analysis
7. Product Dashboard
8. Conclusions and Recommendations
- CSL Behring
- Entegrion, Inc.
- Prometic Life Sciences
For more information visit
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets