SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Project FANchise announced that they will debut a fan-controlled franchise in the 2017 Indoor Football League (IFL) season. Through Project FANchise's proprietary technology fans who are used to screaming from the stands will have an unprecedented voice, allowing them to control every part of the FANchise. From choosing the players that make the roster to making in-game play calls, fans will run the show.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7723651-project-fanchise-indoor-football-league/
Introducing a whole new word to the English dictionary, Project FANchise defines FAN-chise as:
1. A professional sports team that provides its fans unparalleled access to, and control of, their sports entertainment experience; especially: the right to exercise the powers of a General Manager and Coach.
"Today is an incredibly exciting day for the millions of sports fans who have always dreamed of running their beloved team," said Sohrob Farudi, Project FANchise Founder and CEO. "We are empowering fans to make real decisions; to be part of the team. This is the start of a new era of fandom, designed to give fans true, legitimate power."
Building Game-Changing Technology
Bridging the gap between fantasy sports, video games and live sports, Project FANchise is creating a mobile app which allows fans to manage a real world sports team including:
- Interviewing, hiring, evaluating (and potentially firing) the GM and coaching staff.
- Designing the logo, mascot, jersey and apparel.
- Sitting in on practices and film sessions, providing input/feedback to the coaching staff to decide which players make the team and create the team's depth chart.
- Making real-time decisions on game day including all play-calling and second half strategy.
- Analyzing game film and offering input on strategy and scouting reports.
Project FANchise is ending the era of the 'frustrated faithful,' evolving the way we consume and engage with our teams via:
- Live-stream cameras and mics throughout the arena and in players' helmets, providing a FPV (First Person View) of practices and games.
- The new "Coach of the Fans" coaching position, equipping the game-day sidelines with a voice for the fans.
- Off-field access to players, coaches and front office personnel via streaming video from practice, film sessions, meeting rooms, weekly featured episodes and social media.
- Open forums giving fans direct communication with players and coaches.
"The addition of Project FANchise to the IFL is not only a perfect fit for our geographic map, it also provides the ability to be on the cutting edge of a completely new and hands-on approach to team operation that will bring fans closer to the action than ever before," said IFL Commissioner Michael Allshouse. "Project FANchise Founder & CEO Sohrob Farudi has dedicated his organization to bringing a truly unique and revolutionary product to the Salt Lake City community."
Staying true to their mission of empowering fans, FANchise launched a national poll earlier this year facilitating a fan-vote decision on where the team would call home. Luckily for Utah, they came out on top in the digital showdown.
Just fifteen minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, the Maverik Center, located in West Valley City, Utah, will house the IFL expansion team in the 2017 season. The arena is also home to the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies hockey team and hosts a number of concerts and live tour productions, with a max capacity north of 12,000.
To reserve your season tickets for the first-ever fan-run pro sports team visit www.FANchi.se.
Kelsey Nover, LeadDog Marketing Group
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/project-fanchise-launches-first-ever-fan-run-pro-sports-team-300255230.html
SOURCE Project FANchise