SAN MATEO, Calif., May 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The "POrCH" volunteer program (Prometheus Outreach & Community Help) is the Prometheus Real Estate Group's ongoing effort to support and build strong communities where we live, work, and play. With hundreds of hours of volunteer time logged in the past year throughout the west coast, teams of volunteers have dug in to dedicate their time and sweat equity as the program continues to expand. The effort encourages Prometheus Real Estate employees (called "Prometheans") to work together to pursue their passion for helping out the local community.
Recent Prometheus POrCH events:
- A Pet Adoption Fair organized in collaboration with Pets In Need. 9 pets found new homes.
- The Asian American Donor Program , in connection with "Be The Match" was held in February. Prometheans registered for possible bone marrow and stem cell donors matches.
Upcoming POrCH events:
- This is the triple threat event: Pets In Need – Blood Drive – and a Raffle to benefit the Edgewood Children/Families Center at Central Park at Whisman Station in Mountain View, California on Saturday, June 11, 2011.
- Special Olympics Volunteers: Porch members will be volunteering and cheering on the athletes in Portland, Oregon. May/June 2011.
- Japanese Earthquake Victims Benefit. A concert in the park will be hosted at Cupertino City Center in June/July 2011.
- Habitat for Humanity, Seattle, Washington, June/July 2011.
- Save The Bay: Beach Clean-Up, September 2011
"Community outreach through the Porch volunteer program benefits our communities and brings us closer together as Prometheans," said Terri Lynn Cardona, Vice President of Human Resources, "It's a great way to engage and stay connected to our neighbors, plus it's a powerful feeling to make a positive impact at the local level," said Cardona.
Since its inception in 1965, Prometheus Real Estate Group has specialized in the development and management of high quality residential properties throughout the Western United States. Today, they are the largest private owner of multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay area with a growing portfolio of more than 18,000 metropolitan area apartments in Seattle, Portland, OR and Los Angeles. Recognition includes:
- 2010 MHN Best Property Management Company of the Year
- Three Gold Nugget Awards & One Grand Award from the Pacific Coast Builder's Conference
- First Place in Customer Service and Experience from For Rent Magazine
- Californian Landscape Association Trophy Award
- Portland Advertising Federation Rosey Award
- Multi-House News Design Excellence Award
For more information visit:
SOURCE Prometheus Real Estate Group Inc.