NEW YORK, July 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
ACI Association has initiated research coverage on Platform Specialty Products Corp (NYSE: PAH). Select highlights from the internally released reports are being made available to the general public (included below), with access to the entirety of the research available to new members.
Today, membership is open to readers on a complementary basis at the following URL: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=PAH
Highlights from our PAH Report include:
- Proposed Acquisition Deal - On July 13, 2015, Platform Specialty Products Corporation reported that as a part of its core growth strategies, it has offered to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Alent Plc in a cash and stock deal for approximately $2.1 billion. The Company informed that including net debt, the total transaction value is approximately $2.3 billion. Platform Specialty shares ended Monday's session at $25.53, reflecting a gain of 5.8% over the past two trading sessions.
- Transaction Valuation - Under the terms of the proposed transaction, Platform Specialty has offered to pay 503 pence in cash to Alent shareholders for each Alent share. The transaction values Alent's entire issued and to be issued share capital at $2,096 million. As per the release, this valuation represents a premium of approximately 49% over Alent's closing price of 337.7 pence per share as of July 10, 2015, approximately 37% over the three month volume weighted average share price of 368.2 pence, and approximately 24% over the 52-week high share price of 406.2 pence on March 12, 2015.
- Financial & Operational Synergies - With a highly attractive business model and a proven financial track record, Alent reflects compelling growth prospects. Platform Specialty believes that the acquisition Alent would allow the Company to combine complementary product portfolios and geographical footprints. Additionally, the transaction would assist the Company in expanding its product offering while providing an opportunity to unlock substantial value through the realization of material costs synergies and sales growth opportunities. The Company anticipates that the combined venture will achieve annual pre-tax cost synergies of $50 million, likely to be phased in over the three years after the completion of the transaction.
- Management Opinion - Martin E. Franklin, Platform Specialty's Founder and Chairman, said, "The proposed acquisition of Alent marks a further step in the Platform strategy of building a portfolio of best-in-class 'Asset-Lite, High-Touch' businesses in the specialty chemicals industry. This business and acquisition fits well within our stated objectives, and we are compelled by the value creation the combination may generate."
- Timeframe for Closure of the Deal - As per the release, the transaction is expected to close in late 2015 or early 2016. Credit Suisse is acting as financial adviser to Platform Specialty, while Slaughter and May are acting as lead U.K. legal adviser and Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP acting as U.S. legal adviser, for the transaction.
To find out how this influences our rating on Platform Specialty Products Corp., read the full report in its entirely here: http://www.aciassociation.com/?c=PAH
About ACI Association:
Active Charter Investors Association ("ACI Association") produces regular sponsored and non-sponsored reports, articles, stock market blogs, and popular investment newsletters covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and micro-cap stocks. ACI Association has two distinct and independent departments. One department produces non-sponsored analyst certified content generally in the form of press releases, articles and reports covering equities listed on NYSE and NASDAQ and the other produces sponsored content (in most cases not reviewed by a registered analyst), which typically consists of compensated investment newsletters, articles and reports covering listed stocks and micro-caps. Such sponsored content is outside the scope of procedures detailed below.
ACI Association has not been compensated; directly or indirectly; for producing or publishing this document.
PRESS RELEASE PROCEDURES:
The non-sponsored content contained herein has been prepared by a writer (the "Author") and is fact checked and reviewed by a third party research service company (the "Reviewer"). Rohit Tuli, a CFA® charter holder (the "CFA®"), provides necessary guidance in preparing the document templates. The Reviewer has reviewed and revised the content, as necessary, based on sound investment judgment and publicly available information which is believed to be reliable. The Reviewer and the CFA® have not performed any independent investigations or forensic audits to validate the information herein. Unless otherwise noted, any content outside of this document has no association with the Author, the Reviewer, or the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Production Team") in any way. The Production Team is compensated on a fixed monthly basis and do not hold any positions of interest in any of the securities mentioned herein.
ACI Association, the Author, the Reviewer and the CFA® (collectively referred to as the "Publishers") are not responsible for any error which may be occasioned at the time of printing of this document or any error, mistake or shortcoming. No liability is accepted by the Publishers whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this document. The Publishers expressly disclaim any fiduciary responsibility or liability for any consequences, financial or otherwise arising from any reliance placed on the information in this document. Additionally, the Publishers do not (1) guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness or correct sequencing of the information, or (2) warrant any results from use of the information. The included information is subject to change without notice.
NOT AN OFFERING
This document is not intended as an offering, recommendation, or a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell the securities mentioned or discussed, and is to be used for informational purposes only. Please read all associated disclosures and disclaimers in full before investing. Neither ACI Association nor any party affiliated with us is a registered investment adviser or broker-dealer with any agency or in any jurisdiction whatsoever. To download our report(s), read our disclosures, or for more information, visit http://www.aciassociation.com/.
ACI Association is not available to residents of Belarus, Cuba, Canada, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or Somalia. Do not send email to robottrap (at) aciassociation.com.
CFA® and Chartered Financial Analyst® are registered trademarks owned by CFA Institute.