SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Developers of industrial, medical, and IoT products now have an added level of IP and device integrity protection with the DS28C36 DeepCover secure authenticator from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
With rampant product counterfeiting, unsafe reuse of medical accessories, and vulnerable network connected sensor nodes, companies recognize the need to integrate strong defenses into their products and systems. The DS28C36 provides a targeted set of asymmetric-key and symmetric-key cryptographic tools in a low cost and compact solution. Asymmetric public-key features are supported with the P256 based elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) algorithm and symmetric secret-key with SHA-256.
The DS28C36 provides two authenticated GPIO pins with optional secure state control and level sensing as well as a unique function to enhance secure download/boot features. The device also integrates sophisticated countermeasures to protect against invasive and noninvasive security attacks. End applications include bi-directional authentication, secure storage of system data (such as system crypto keys), verification of system-critical data, secure boot, and end product usage control. For applications where the host system microcontroller has insufficient computing resources for ECC algorithms or lacks required secure storage for a SHA-256 symmetric key, the DS2476 is a companion co-processor to the DS28C36.
- Prevents Counterfeits: Proven secure authentication functions stop cloning
- Securely Manages System Use/Features: Monitor/limit peripheral usage with authenticated EEPROM settings and a 17-bit decrement-only counter
- Ensures Data Integrity: Robust secure download/boot function combined with GPIO pins prevent malicious system attacks
- Safeguards Critical System Data: Stored sensitive data only accessible through encrypted R/W with a key established through a Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) based protocol
- "Our customers' assets are under relentless attack—the DS28C36 offers a targeted toolbox of crypto functions and security features built upon ECC and SHA-256 to solve a broad range of embedded security issues," said Scott Jones, Executive Director, Embedded Security, Maxim Integrated. "Maxim brings more than 20 years of experience and dedication to the security market, exceptional application support, and factory programming services to set our customers up for success."
Availability and Pricing
- Samples, C-source code, and evaluation kits are available now
- Offered in a 3mm x 3mm TDFN package
- Operates across the -40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius temperature range
- Pricing starts at $1.08 (1,000-up, FOB USA)
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim develops innovative analog ICs for the automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center markets. We make technology smaller, smarter, more secure and energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/protect-systems-and-securely-control-iot-nodes-with-maxims-deepcover-secure-authenticator-300337592.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.